Just for Ham Radio folks

nbw

OhmArt cartoons (prev:Just for Ham Radio folks)

I won't bother folks with every electronics cartoon I do, but I really liked this one and thought there might be a few on the forum who are into this kind of sick, twisted, electronics humour.

Enjoy!!!

Kind regards, Barney

Attachments

Last edited:

nbw

a better idea perhaps, to save wasting forum space here, is for anyone who is interested in following the cartoons / designs I'm creating (around 3 - 4 per week) - is to visit my blog where I release them.

Cheers all
Barney

Blog URL: http://ohmart.wordpress.com

Last edited:

MPep

Just had a look on your site.
Whilst I like your "Bipolar Transistor" you have shown the engraving to be "DS18B20" - a 1-wire temperature sensor!!! :eek:

I am sure that there are transistors in there though.:D

nbw

Just had a look on your site.
Whilst I like your "Bipolar Transistor" you have shown the engraving to be "DS18B20" - a 1-wire temperature sensor!!! :eek:

I am sure that there are transistors in there though.:D
Yes - the transistor is the bipolar one. The temperature sensor is analysing him - he's not bipolar - I chose the 18B20 because it's sensitive :)

Thanks for checking it out though!!

nbw

OK, well I'll quietly post selected ones here so folks can at least see some without having to negotiate my useless web-hosting crowd; the blog is about 400 x slower than it should be...

Attachments

manuka

Impressive! I'm not sure about "4 leads" however- how about some nifty light beams for those hands instead?

nbw

Cheers; I used a little artistic licence there. I wondered about a 4-lead RGB LED and thought I'd push the envelope a little instead. I was pleased, on a related note, to see the #039 Flat Tachometer design above won a 'Today's Best Award' from the site that produces all of the gear!

It occurred to me also that maybe someone like McGraw Hill or a similar publisher might find the illustrations useful for a textbook or similar.

nbw

#044 - Triangle Wave

As promised, Square Wave's brother - Triangle Wave. Disco Inferno! Burn, baby, burn! (for those of us, ahem, old enough to remember that tune...)

Attachments

nbw

#045 - Adc

This one is playing on the Amurrican theme of college / campus / frat houses / etc etc. I.e. Go Sigma-Delta! Boo, Single-Slope!!

Attachments

nbw

Old, Pete, old. Last count, I was forty-something. But with kids and dogs in the mix, the calculations get quite tricky...

nbw

#047 - At the E-PROM

For those of us a little more senior in years and remember these lU.V.ly things, here's one about going to the prom, I mean - e-prom :)

Attachments

pete20r2

Haha, I remember those. Good times.
These days there's a UV light pointed at each byte inside the chip.:cool:

I'm trollin' along:D

nbw

#049 - The Collector

When the Boss wants his electrons, he sends the Collector to call and you pay - else Tiny re-decorates your base!

Attachments

nbw

#051 - Logic invertor

When your girlfriend says to stay out as late as you like, chat up other girls, buy the boys some beers, she means: (1 - the above)

Attachments

nbw

#052 - Photo-resistor

Thinking about this, this guy's resistance goes UP when he see lots of light, not down... but apart from that... ;)

Attachments

nbw

#053 - Photo-cell

Following on from #053, once you've got some juicy pix, you've got to sell them, right? Presenting 'Photo-cell':

Attachments

nbw

#054 - Jumper

Nope, not what American police believe there will be a spate of, when the world ends this weekend.

Just the humble jumper, great for keeping warm and connecting 2 parts of a circuit :)

Attachments

nbw

#055 - Circuit jitter

Circuits can suffer from jitter like us, a nice cup o' coffee can help. For us, that is!

nbw

It's either paint or dream up PICAXE-related things to make for my new motorcycle... (well, new to me - it's 24 years old!)

I was thinking of -

1. a digital speedo
2. extra indicators on the dash so I can see without looking down if I've left one on.
3. A gear number indicator - trickier!
4. A battery voltage gauge (simple!)

Your friend is without doubt an excellent artist. I would love to have w/colour skills like that.

nbw

#057 - 555 Timer

This one I dedicated to one of the world's favourite ICs - decades old but still as popular as free beer-tasting - the ubiquitous 555.

Attachments