Modding XBox Controller

D396

I have the sync button switching burst on and off I foun for full auto weopons burst fire messes them up so I want to only turn It on when I have a semi auto weopon. Also in you code you have an input and output for the trigger I found it only works when you use one pin and swith between input and output.

D396

Yeah 100th post Senior member. Ok I just treid that and I didn't work I think the problem is that When I press the button It is not always at the if statement. I am going to try it at 8mhz quick. Just curious are you doing the same mod right now too.

Last edited:

D396

It was even worse at 8 mhz I think We need an interrupt to detect when the button is pressed immediatly but I can not get the intterupt to work.

D396

Got the interrupt code to work. Here it is it switches between modes every time you press the button. Pin2 is the sync button and pin1 is the middle pin of the trigger. I have not tested it yet on an Xbox but scope output looks good.
Code:
setint %00000000,%00000100
symbol mode = b0
mode = 0

main:
		if pin1 = 1 then 'trigger is being pressed
select mode
case 0
	dirs = 2
		high 1
	pause 125
		low 1
	pause 125
	DIRS	= 0
case 1
	dirs = 2
		high 1
	dirs = 0
endselect
		endif
	goto main

interrupt:
if pin2=0 then interrupt
	if mode = 0 then
		mode = 1

else if mode = 1 then 
		mode =0
	endif
return

D396

I just treid the matrix Again just for fun And I got a working code and circuit. Again I still have to test it on an Xbox but scope looks good.
The circuit is pin1 connected directly to the middle pin of the trigger and pin2 connected to the middle pin of the sync button.
Here is the code
Code:
symbol mode = b0
mode = 0

main:
		if pin1 = 0 then 'trigger is being pressed
select mode
case 0
	dirs = 2
		low 1
	pause 125
		high 1
	pause 125
	DIRS	= 0
case 1
	dirs = 2
		low 1
	dirs = 0
endselect
		endif
	goto main

interrupt:
if pin2=0 then interrupt
	if mode = 0 then
		mode = 1

else if mode = 1 then 
		mode =0
	endif
return

aduy

ok good. the sound card scope works but i can tell that there is a big filtering cap on the line because the picaxe which is putting out square waves puts out these sort of spikes. at least i can measure the frequency but thats about it. also it picks up a 60hz signal and i cant even filter it out.

D396

If you have a minute would you mind testing my circuit and code for the regualar controllers. Thanks. I could post it again if you need.

aduy

just the one that came with my laptop. actually now that im thinkin about it. i have a dock for my laptop. if there is a cap in the dock i could just bypass it to make the scope program work better. and post your code again i don't know which one it is.

aduy

your programming is getting beyond my grasp of basic, so if you could put comments beside each line to explain what each line does it would be easier for me to understand it.

D396

This is the code for the cg controller. All the circuit is is pin1 connected to the middle pin of the trigger. It will only work on an 08m, x2 or m2 series chips because of pin configurations. Here is the code without the mode switching.
Code:
symbol mode = b0
mode = 0

main:
select mode
case 0
	dirs = 2
		high 1
	pause 125
		low 1
	pause 125
	DIRS	= 0
case 1
	dirs = 2
		high 1
	dirs = 0
endselect
		endif
	goto main
P.S. I might have to rethink using the sync button as the mode button It looks imposable to solder.

D396

sorry just read your last post. Here it is with comments:)
Code:
symbol mode = b0
mode = 0

main:
select mode ' if mode equals 0 then go to case 0 but if it equals 1 then go to 'case one if it eaquals 10 then the picaxe with explode cause there is no 'case ten(not realy)
case 0
	dirs = 2 ' Set pin1 to an output
		high 1 
	pause 125  
		low 1
	pause 125
	DIRS	= 0 ' set it back to an input
case 1
	dirs = 2 ' Set pin1 to an output
		high 1
	dirs = 0 '  set it back to an input
endselect ' endselect statment
		endif
	goto main 'loop

aduy

ok so what that program does is when you press the trigger it will send a signal to the trigger for 125 and then stop sending the signal. is this just for the regular mode or which mode is it for?

aduy

[size=+5]WOW[/size] I feel really dumb, and I mean that in a big way. I thought they had patched the uber jitter mod(rt.x.yy), but one of my solder joints just broke. I'm relieved but I feel stupid. Now time to kill some noobs with my full auto pump action! And I changed my configuration so I could use the trigger as an input and output. So now instead of pressing that button on the bottom I just press the trigger. Wow just an awesome moment.

My controller now has 5 modes!
  • rapid fire for black ops 525 rpm
  • 3rd burst for black ops 525 rpm
  • dual pistol rapid fire for black ops with alternating fire about 1050 rpm combined
  • rapid fire for MW2 625 rpm
  • and le piece de resistance jitter mod pro aka rt-x-y-y for use on shotguns, and 3rd burst guns, around 730 rpm or more with the burst guns

Heres my code if you want it.

Code:
main:
	setfreq m8 ; set the 14ms clock to 8mhz
	let dirsc = %00000110 ; set output 3 to an input

mode_1:
	if portc pin0 = 1 then rapid_fire ; if the black button is pressed then go to rapid_fire
	if pin4 = 1 then switch_1 ; if the red button is pressed then goto switch_1
	goto mode_1 ; go back to mode_1

rapid_fire:
	let dirsc = %00000111 ; set input portc pin0 back to output 3
	high 3 ; right trigger pull
	pause 121
	low 3 ; right trigger release
	pause 121
	if portc pin0 = 1 then rapid_fire ; if black button is still being pressed then go back to rapid_fire
	goto mode_1 ; go back to mode_1

switch_1:
	if pin4 = 0 then mode_2 ; if the black button is released then goto mode_2
	goto switch_1

mode_2:
	if portc pin0 = 1 then rapid_fire_burst;if the right trigger is pulled then go to rapid_fire_burst
	if pin4 = 1 then switch_2 ; if the black button is pressed then goto switch_2
	goto mode_2

rapid_fire_burst:
	pause 121
	pause 121
	pause 121
	pause 121
	pause 121
	pause 121
	if portc pin0 = 1 then rapid_fire_burst_wait ; if the right trigger is still pulled then goto rapid_fire_burst_wait
	goto mode_2

rapid_fire_burst_wait:
	if portc pin0 = 0 then goto mode_2 ; if the right trigger is released then go to mode_2
	goto rapid_fire_burst_wait

switch_2:
	if pin4 = 0 then mode_4 ; if the black button is released then go to mode_4
	goto switch_2

mode_4:
	if portc pin0 = 1 then rapid_fire_dual ; if the action button is pressed go to rapid_fire_dual if not then continue
	if pin4 = 1 then switch_4 ; if the mode button is pressed go to switch_4
	goto mode_4 ; repeat mode_4

rapid_fire_dual: ; this mode will rapid fire both triggers at the same time but will alternate which one is being pressed
	high 3  low 2; right trigger pull left trigger release
	pause 100
	low 3 high 2; right trigger release left trigger pull
	pause 100
	if portc pin0 = 1 then rapid_fire_dual ; if action button is still pressed goto rapid_fire_dual:
	low 2
	goto mode_4 ; go back to mode_4

switch_4:
	if pin4 = 0 then mode_5 ; if the mode button is released then go to mode_5 if not then continue
	goto switch_4 ; repeat switch 1

mode_5:
	if portc pin0 = 1 then rapid_fire_625_rpm ; if the action button is pressed go to rapid_fire_625_rpm if not then continue
	if pin4 = 1 then switch_5 ; if the mode button is pressed go to switch_5
	goto mode_5

rapid_fire_625_rpm: ;  this is an auto quick scope for the intervention in Mw2
	high 3 ; right trigger pulle
	pause 100
	pause 99
	if portc pin0 = 1 then rapid_fire_625_rpm ; if action button is still pressed goto rapid_fire_625_rpm if not then continue
	goto mode_5 ; go back to mode_5

switch_5:
	if pin4 = 0 then mode_6 ; if the mode button is released then go to mode_6 if not then continue
	goto switch_5 ; repeat switch_5

mode_6:
	if portc pin0 = 1 then jitter_striker ; if the action button is pressed then go to jitter_striker if not then continue
	if pin4 = 1 then switch_6 ; if the mode button is pressed then go to switch_6 if not then continue
	goto mode_6 ; repeat mode_6

jitter_striker:   ; this is my personal favorite it will take most shotguns and 3 round bursts and make them full auto. 
	high 3 ; press right trigger
	high 1 ; press x button
	pause 32
	low 1 ; release x button
	pause 32
	high 4 ; press y button
	pause 32
	low 4 ; release y button
	pause 32	
	high 4 ; press y button
	pause 32
	low 3 low 4 ; release y button and right trigger
	pause 11
	if portc pin0 = 1 then jitter_striker ; if the action button is still pressed then goto jitter striker if not then continue
	goto mode_6 ; go back to mode_6

switch_6:
	if pin4 = 0 then mode_1 ; if the mode button is released then go to mode_4 if not then continue
	goto switch_6 ; repeat switch_6
Thanks for the help although I indirectly stole your code for switching between inputs and outputs, and put it into my controller.

aduy

yes it works. and i figured out something else. instead using the trigger as just an input. you should use it as a readadc so that the sensitivity is adjustable.

D396

Ok good so I know the code and circuit works. Do you know of any pc to remote wireless dongles. How is that killing going?

D396

Here is a video of the mouse version in bfbc2. Post if you want mouse circuit details.Rename the file to .wmv.

Attachments

D396

Here is the final xbox code with interrupt. Same circuit. I just bought a pc dongle on ebay so I might not test it on xbox live.
Code:
symbol mode = b0
mode = 0

main:
select mode ' if mode equals 0 then go to case 0 but if it equals 1 then go to case one if it eaquals 10 then the picaxe with explode cause there is no case ten(not reaaly)
case 0
	output 1 ' Set pin1 to an output
		high 1 
	pause 125  
		low 1
	pause 125
	input 1 ' set it back to an input
case 1
	output 1 ' Set pin1 to an output
		high 1
	input 1 '  set it back to an input
endselect ' endselect statment
		endif
	goto main 'loop

interrupt:
if pin2=0 then interrupt
	if mode = 0 then
		mode = 1

else if mode = 1 then 
		mode =0
	endif
return

aduy

ok well if u got battlefield 2 we can do em together. phew finally got my download cable working again. had to re-download the program editor but i was able make my own cable as well.

aduy

ok your when you do get the dongle your going to want to download a program called joytokey. it will allow you to use the xbox controller as a mouse and keyboard. this is only necessary because for some reason bfbc2 doesn't support most of the buttons on the controller.

aduy

dongle such a funny word and did you see what i put about doing a readadc on the input/output connected to the trigger

aduy

wait on the cg controllers you [size=+2]dont[/size] have to cut the trace! i have mine programmed for use without a trace cut. im not sure about the matrix though.

D396

Yeah. I have not cut the trace on the cg controllers this entire time. I dont think you have to cut the trace on the matrix either. What version of bf do you have. How do you use readadc for the trigger. What is your gt on bf.

Attachments

aduy

well i have bfbc2 for the computer and the xbox, but my computer is too slow to play online, but i do have battlefield 2

aduy

When you go to install the picaxe you should put the chip right above the pins for the right trigger. Theres a small slot in the top part of the controller case, which provides a big enough spot to fit the picaxe and the wiring into without removing the motors. Theres two ways to do this. The first way is less invasive, but the second way gives you much more space to use to fit bigger chips(18m2, 20x2) and a hole for the programming jack I've attached some images.

Also I have thought of another way to have a programming jack in the controller without cutting a hole in the controller's case. There is an attachment for the controller called a "chatpad". It connects to the controller using a headphone jack, and two flat plastic pieces with metal contacts on them. If you remove the connector from the "chatpad" you could wire a 9 pin to the jack(the gray piece in the picture below), making a special serial download cable. You would then cut the traces in the controller that would connect to the chatpad, and wire them up to the picaxe. this could also be done with a play and charge kit but it would be more difficult to make the cable.

D396

I am not using A programming cable in the controller I am just going to program it on my breadboard and then put It in the controller. I am just going to keep the circuit board in the motor spot just because it is very easy to do so. Thanks for the suggjustion though.

aduy

ok im just saying from experience because you need to have part of the download circuit anyways. and also people like it better when you keep the motors in. the first method i showed you gives more than enough room for an 08m.

aduy

well you just wire up the chip and then once your all done stick it into the little slot with the red box around it in the previeous attachment.