Modding XBox Controller

aduy

you know whats weird though? Before this thread i had my controllers serial port mis-wired.
The serial in and out were backwards, but if i stuck the serial cable halfway in, started the program and then stuck the serial all the way in, it would download a program to the 14m , and it would work. isn't that odd?

D396

I have no idea then. My 08m works on 3V. You might want to start a new thread. I don't know if anyone else has looked at this one:).

aduy

if you want to do a jitter mod im pretty sure it can only be done on a cg type controller. you might be able to do it on a matrix, but it will require some researching, and will definitely be more difficult to do. heres my schematic for my controller if i did it with an 08m ill make a code too.

Attachments

aduy

its been a little while since ive been on this forum ~3 months or so, but im working on a controller mod using the new 08m2 i ordered the surface mount versions from rev ed, and i ordered some soic 8 to dip 8 pcbs, because all i need for this project is the

stereo jack
10k resistor
22k resistor
diode
SOIC to dip pcb
08m2
11 wires
solder

ill make the schematic, and i will post what i have so far for the program.
the reason im posting is because i need some help with the code.

aduy

my schematic is attached, and here is my code so far, i will update it as i go, if you have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated

Code:
debug
setfreq m32

main:
	if pinC.5 = 1 then goto CODMW2
	if pinC.4 = 1 then goto CODBO
	goto main

UNACTIVE:
let dirsc =  %000000
if pinC.5 = 1 then goto interupt1
	goto UNACTIVE

Interupt1:
	if pinC.5 = 0 then goto Rapid_Fire_Wait
	if pinC.4 = 1 then goto Adjust
	goto Interupt1

Rapid_Fire_Wait:
	readadc C.1,b1
	if b1 >25 then goto Rapid_Fire_Engaged
	if pinC.5 = 1 then goto interupt2
	goto Rapid_Fire_Wait

Rapid_Fire_Engaged:
	High C.1
	pause b2
	Low C.1
	pause b2
	readadc C.1,b1
	if b1 >25 then goto Rapid_Fire_Engaged
	goto Rapid_Fire_Wait

Interupt2:
	if pinC.5 = 0 then goto Dual_Rapid_Fire_Wait
	goto Interupt2

Dual_Rapid_Fire_Wait:
	readadc C.1,b1
	if b1 >25 then goto Dual_Rapid_Fire_Engaged
	if pinC.5 = 1 then goto interupt3
	goto Dual_Rapid_Fire_Wait

Dual_Rapid_Fire_engaged:
	High C.1
	Low C.2
	pause b2
	Low C.1
	High C.2
	pause b2
	readadc C.1,b1
	if b1 >25 then goto Dual_Rapid_Fire_Engaged
	goto Dual_Rapid_Fire_Wait

Interupt3:
	if pinC.5 = 0 then goto Jitter_Wait
	goto Interupt3

Jitter_Wait:
	readadc C.1,b1
	if b1 >25 then goto Jitter_Engaged
	if pinC.5 = 1 then goto interupt1
	goto Jitter_wait

Jitter_engaged:
	High C.1
	pause b3
	Low C.1
	High C.0
	pause b3
	High C.4
	pause b3
	low c.4
	pause b3
	high c.4
	pause b3
	low c.4
	pause b3
	readadc C.1,b1
	if b1 >25 then goto Jitter_Engaged	
	goto Jitter_Wait

Adjust:
	goto interupt1

CODMW2:
	b2 = 400 ; this value sets the rate of the Rapid_Fire
	b3 = 100 ; this value sets the rate of the Jitter
	goto UNACTIVE

CODBO:
	b2 = 500 ; this value sets the rate of the Rapid_Fire
	b3 = 100 ; this value sets the rate of the Jitter
	goto UNACTIVE

Attachments

Last edited:

Rad Reg

Hey aduy... long time no see. Like what you are doing with the mod. I've been gone so long I didn't even know they had 08M2 parts. That makes life easier from a package size perspective.

Couple tips on the code... I would add some pauses into your interupt and your time setting snippets (CODBO and CODMW2). I also noticed you are pulling your pin voltages in opposite directions for your dual rapid fire. I would check that as typically you should pull both triggers in one direction. You may also want to do a readadc on your left trigger as well during your dual fire so that either trigger can toggle your rapid fire on (i.e. readadc C.2,b2 ; if b2 >25 then goto Dual_Rapid_Fire_Engaged).

Just some thoughts. Let me know how the project turns out. We still have to hook up on Xbox Live... I will have to show you my anti rapid fire detection algorithm some time.

-Reggie
aka Rad Reg
aka admin@supermodz.com
http://www.supermodz.com

Last edited:

aduy

yes it has been a while. im not sure if that code is good or not, as i wrote it some time ago, and i haven't had time to play xbox for a few months because ive been at school. i got the emails about your website it looks great. and yes the pistols are supposed to alternate, it sounds like they are shooting twice as fast, and the reason i have two seperate modes is because you cant aim if pressing the left trigger toggles the dual rapidfire.