WA's OBE + PICAXE success story

D n T

I love bread board, it takes 2 seconds to make a stable connection and 2 seconds to remove it, try that with soldered joints and with students, breadboards can't burn them or the furniture.

Pencil & paper -->> breadboard -->> PCB -->> finished product.
I think I've been around Hippy too long :)

By the way, I love going to Dick Smiths because the one guy who knows about electronics is good to talk to and he helps, but if hees not therer the other staff just leave me alone, me thinks they are scared of the component cabinets down the back, but they will order in anything in the catalogue I want. But yes they are becoming a computer store, what would the original big Dick say about that?? I have only found one salesman who knows the resistor colours,let alone what a darlington is.

BrendanP

Point taken re. the difference between arts students and engineering pencil necks. Anyway, theyre all welcome here. Im always amazed at the time and trouble highly skilled and exeperienced people will go to on this forum to answer often complex questions. If you had to get an engineer in as a consultant to do what these guys do for nothing I think it would cost you payola mucho.