Tank filler...

nick12ab

Yeah!....Deja Vu all over again. Mike Certainly looks and acts like yusuf over at xxxx://www.electro-tech-online.com/
and yusufbusiness at xxxx://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/
And also yusuf was online for some time on the day that Mike's account was created.

westaust55

And also yusuf was online for some time on the day that Mike's account was created.
Yusuf - indicated location is Varanasi (which is in India).

Mike - indicated location is India

Same project on forums in various threads here:
http://www.electro-tech-online.com/microcontrollers/122345-automated-tank-filler-using-picaxe-08m-help.html

http://www.electro-tech-online.com/electronic-projects-design-ideas-reviews/120615-friends-help-me-my-automated-tank-filler-project.html

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=57340

Yusuf.businessmen is doing extremely well here:
http://www.electronicspoint.com/led-project-t229850.html

10 LED's in series on a 3V 1 A(Hr?) battery and the are bright for 30 mins, or was that 10 LEDs in parallell running 200mA in each LED

Last edited:

Mike.

Hello Ken and nick12ab .....
PLease friends dont post here regarding yusuf .. please post there on yusuf thread...
:)

So friends thanks for circuit but what about the program... I have added little bit program but it didn't worked...

and you friend ken and nick12ab , don't see others what they think or whether they are lie or saying truth.. this forum is only for help. and we need to help people regarding their problem..

I would help yusuf or someone if I know good picaxe programming...

But you people are just blaming others not helping them ...
In this world not body is 100% truth and honest ...

All have little bit bad habits..

I am sorry for my message but you ken and nick12ab should remember this thing. We are here only to learn and share knowledge not to blame others...

:mad:

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
So friends thanks for circuit but what about the program... I have added little bit program but it didn't worked...
When you say it didn't work, in what way did it not work, and how are you testing the code ? What program code are you using, what PICAXE do you have, and what is the circuit being used ?

I would suggest posting your code and circuit so we can see if anything is wrong with them.

Mike.

I have use ken Christmas tree watering circuit and As I dont have picacxe knowledge I have done a google search and I found a simple code that also i didnt understand but I burn to it ...

it is my fault ... so I am requesting complete circuit and program so that it can work..

as i dont have picaxe knowledge so I am requesting help...

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I am requesting complete circuit and program so that it can work.
Please see post 32.

That is mainly the circuit you already have which you say works with the logic gates replaced by a PICAXE. The next step is to build the circuit and test that it works. The code to do that is included in that post.

Mike.

Please see post 32.

That is mainly the circuit you already have which you say works with the logic gates replaced by a PICAXE. The next step is to build the circuit and test that it works. The code to do that is included in that post.
thanks. Hippy but is that contains complete code with time code as i have mentioned in post #1.. And i have ..Picaxe 08M.
So will it work with this pic.

westaust55

Mike,

Back at post 8 you posted a circuit based on 5 logic IC's and had in a few posts prior to that stated it was working.
The description and circuit generally corresponds to the diagram from another forums post as per attached.

Yet with three pairs of probes in the one tank, I might think that there would be some capacitive (or other) coupling between the pairs of probes leading to difficulties in control and sensing.
The image of the tank in post 10 shows little sign of the probes or any already working circuit.

Exactly how much of the hardware have you constructed already ? Any photos of what has been done so far?

A method often used to sense liquid level in a tank involves only three probes in total:
  • A common probe to the bottom of the tank
  • A low level probe to a point near the bottom of the tank (or the level where the input supply is the start filling again), and
  • A high level probe form the top to a high point (used to stop the water supply)

If the tank delivery line is drained (back flow or is there a check/non-return valve?) when the supply is stopped maybe some probe(s) in the supply pipe to detect presence of water/flow may suffice.

EDIT:
With the newer M2 series PICAXE chips, it may even be possible to use the TOUCH sensor input with the probes as contacts in the side of the tank for level sensing.

It can all depend upon the repeatability, purpose (home industrial), user requirements and ability to seal a side mounted contact plate on the plastic tank side.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dippy

Gosh, is this still running? :)
And I have no idea if Mike is yusuf...

The o/p of the CD4093 is push/pull so the output (if clean and at the right level and no interactions) could go straight to a PICAXE digital input.

A quick 'ec' shows that this is a very commonly used circuit cribbed by every schoolboy.
e.g.> http://www.simplecircuitdiagram.com/2010/10/19/cd4093-water-level-sensor-detector/
It could easily be breadboarded and tested with a meter. Then some output driving.

Surely , programme-wise, this just requires a bit of debounce/deslosh in code and the rest is simple logic and maybe a bit of timing.
I honestly can't see the major problem and would make an excellent GCSE project.

With respect (and assuming I have got right end of stick), I would have thought that if the same amount of energy and time had been put into learning/doing a drop of flow diagram and BASIC that it could have been done by now?? What do you reckon... 40 lines of code? (including white space and comments). And , no, I'm not going to do it, sorry - but good luck in any event.

Paix

On the basis that both Yusuf and Mike claim to be individuals, perhaps they should team up. They obviously have exactly the same ideas about their project.

Are they likely to make a film about it I wonder?

MPep

Silicon Chip magazine had such a system described. Used a pressure sensor and send data via 433MHz to a central readout device. Used PICs. Should be able to be redone using PICAXE. Do a search on the 'net.

Mike.

Hi Paix I should help yusuf as our both project are same but I dont have PICAXE programming knowledge soI have posted here for help ?

westaust55

Silicon Chip magazine had such a system described. Used a pressure sensor and send data via 433MHz to a central readout device. Used PICs. Should be able to be redone using PICAXE. Do a search on the 'net.
Yes, a pressure sensor is another common method for level detection. Mount the pressure sensor via an isolation valve at the bottom level of the tank and the pressure is proportional to the water level.

Mike has not responded about his advised working NAND gate circuit and whether there are any problems with interaction between the three sensor circuits in the water tank as discussed back at post 50. :confused:
It is had to be helpful when the exact/actual status of existing work is unknown/unsure to members here.