Small signal P Channel FET reccomendation?

JPB33

I want to do some high side low power swithching with a picaxe. Can anyone recommed a suitable TO92 style or similar device? I thought there would be a P channel version of the 2N7000 but cannot seem to find it!

Thanks Peter

I want to do some high side low power swithching with a picaxe. Can anyone recommed a suitable TO92 style or similar device? I thought there would be a P channel version of the 2N7000 but cannot seem to find it!

Thanks Peter
Hi Peter,

You could try a ZVP3306A or ZVP2106A - both are available from Rapid Electronics, Farnell and RS Components in the UK. The package is the E-line which is similar to the TO-92.

Richard

JPB33

Many thanks, I've just ordered some ZVP2106A from RS as to my surprise they were cheapest.

Peter

srnet

I want to do some high side low power switching with a picaxe
It might be an idea to tell us what supply voltage you are using to run the PICAXE.

This makes a difference as the maximum voltage available to switch the MOSFET has a significant impact on which device to use.

You also did not say what amount of current it is you are switching, what does 'small' mean ?

JPB33

Its 5v & 12v at around 20ma so the ZVP2106A should cope easily with this from its data of -60v and 280ma. Looking forward to trying them. Thanks

Its 5v & 12v at around 20ma so the ZVP2106A should cope easily with this from its data of -60v and 280ma. Looking forward to trying them. Thanks
Using a P Channel MOSFET to switch your loads to +5V should be OK but for switching using a +12V supply you will need a level converter. Alternatively can you configure your loads to switch the 0V side rather than the positive supply side?