Programming Editor 6 loading problem on Win XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAP

I have been trying to load the latest Programming Editor onto my XP computer and keep getting errors.

The errors involve the loading on .Net Framework needed by Editor 6.

Has anybody encountered this problem and if so was there a fix?

If not then It looks like I am stuck with Editor 5.

I am particularly interested in the Logicator function as I have found it a great learning tool for a new user of Picaxe.

I can follow flowcharts easily.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
We have the latest PE6 running on XP so it probably is just a missing .Net framework issue.

If installing 3.5.1 from the link westaust55 kindly provided does not resolve the issue, if you could let us know what the exact error message is ( or provide a screenshot ) that will help us investigate further.

GAP

The error message reads "An error occurred during setup. Installed files have been removed form your computer" [EXIT] which is about as useless a message can get.
A look at the logs reveals error1603
I had Net Framework(NF) 2.0 SP1 installed and then later read that for NF 3.5 to install a prerequisite was NF 2.0 SP2 and for that to install SP1 must be uninstalled.
I uninstalled SP1 and now when I try to load any NF I get this uninformative error message. I downloaded MS repair tool that they recommended and it did not run properly and just sent a report to MS.
So I am at the stage of just going round in circles and as XP is not supported MS will not help.
I will keep looking at the net for a fix.

Success!!!

I found a site that gave me these steps to follow "Fix MSI software update registration corruption issues" then the the " .NET Framework Repair Tool"

After running these 2 programs I just installed NF 3.5 and Editor 6 with no problems at all.

Now all I have to do is learn the picaxe language by finding the secret of translating ordinary speak into basic speak (my biggest hurdle) and how to drive editor 6.

Last edited:

sparkynz13

Editor 6 not running on XP

HIYA

Running Windows XP

I can get Editor 5 running OK
I can get PICAXE BLOCKLY running OK

I have downloaded and installed framework 3.5 SP1

Editor 6 will not run
error shows

" object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I get the END ERROR button which I have sent

any Ideas?

thanks

We have the latest PE6 running on XP so it probably is just a missing .Net framework issue.

If installing 3.5.1 from the link westaust55 kindly provided does not resolve the issue, if you could let us know what the exact error message is ( or provide a screenshot ) that will help us investigate further.

Pongo

HIYA

Running Windows XP

I can get Editor 5 running OK
I can get PICAXE BLOCKLY running OK

I have downloaded and installed framework 3.5 SP1

Editor 6 will not run
error shows

" object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I get the END ERROR button which I have sent

any Ideas?

thanks
There is a downloadable tool to verify the .net install, see this blog for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.