More cheap RF modules released...(these ones are MESH!)

Grogster

These new ones are from SunrayRF, and are US$13 each for the 1E80's and US$14.50 for the 1E86's. Both of these modules output 100mW maximum. All three are self-forming, self-healing MESH network type. The 1E28's are US$32 each, but at 500mW output power, are not legal without a license. You can fully control the settings of these in software including the output power. Even the 100mW versions will need the wick wound down a bit to be compliant, but you can configure them to be just that with the software. The 80's and 86's have -113dB receive sensitivity, and the 28's have -116dB receive sensitivity - pretty good! The 80's are TTL interface only, but the other two are TTL/RS232/RS485.

PDF is attached here for others to read.

They are not yet up on the SunrayRF website, but if you visit Sunrayrf.com, you can email any of their support team(or use the email at the end of the PDF), if you wanted to buy some.

I have ordered 4 of the 80's and 86's to play with.

Attachments

moxhamj

That looks interesting. Reading the datasheet now.

I'm not entirely clear how much power they use if they are in mesh mode and listening all the time - results of your experiments are eagerly anticipated!

Grogster

As they are tranceivers, I would expect that when they need to transmit, they will do so at full power - 100mW unless the wick has been wound down on the software.
If you mean power in terms of DC supply, I would imagine that they use the 28mA indicated, unless they have been put to sleep.

I will post back once I get them and have some kind of link up and running.