Comadore 64/128 or Sinclair ZX80 or Tandy TRS80

Minifig666

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not sure how much help this will be but have you tried the on-screen keyboard? Start>All Programs>Accessibility>On-Screen Keyboard (Or something like that) A dictation program may also be of help.
I would like to apologise on behalf of the forum (Although I have no real authority to) for getting angry with you.

rigidigital

its no problem, i didnt think people were angry, more like frustrated. i amgetting more mobility back all thetime. in 48 hors i went from no chance of taking a step to walking (very slowy) the doctors have not said much but i believe i will recover 100%. At only 44 they told me it was pretty rare but most lkley i will be fine in the longrun so there isno tradjety but definatley a shock to just collapse smash my nose on the floor and took at least an hour to reach the table a few feet away,tip the thing over so my mobile fell on meand call an ambulance. I feel fine andthank you anyway for the post.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I'm sure we all wish you well with your recovery and hope it is speedy. You are right, most of the ribbing was without full knowledge of the facts but I am certain it's now being offset by all the sincere good wishes people will have for you.

boriz

Now that we have established you have a faulty keyboard. May we move on?

In the absence of any evidence, my gut says C64 is more powerful than any Picaxe in all but very few tests. Though I’m completely prepared to accept evidence to the contrary.

Experiment anyone?

manuka

RD: Although I too am very sorry to hear of your woes at such a youthful age,and wish you speedy recovery,the number of side issues you initially floated made for great confusion. I recall "girlfriends and uncles with a dozen pubs" were just a few of these - surely they've little to do with the forum's core business !?

Given your recovery needs perhaps focus on state of the art electronics (& PICAXEs) & forget wrestling with technology & computers from 30 years back !

Just WHERE are you - forum regulars may live nearby & donate you gear/drop by for assistance etc. I'd certainly look to do this if you lived near my base (Wellington-NZ).

John West

rigidigital: Having adapted myself to life in a wheelchair I can partially understand some of your difficulties. I wish you the best of luck and full recovery. We do tend to beat up on one another (lightly) in the forum. It helps us maintain the pretense of sanity. :D

_____

While its memory access is much quicker than a PICXE, the C-64 runs at slightly less than 1MHz clock speed, so it's not going to beat out any number of things a 64MHz PICAXE might do. Still, as I've maintained all along, it's an apples to oranges comparison. There are simply too many differences in design intent and application to make a meaningful comparison between the two devices.

The fact of the matter is this, I own half a dozen C-64 computers. But I purchase and use PICAXES. The C-64's just gather dust. Another time, another place.

rigidigital

do u want to sell a c64

Hi John,

you dont by any chance want to sell me a c-64 :)

ps. my reab is going well, i have much better feeling and use of my hands and walking. I used to be a farm worker and mustering on large aussie cattle stations, now thats unlikly but I am soon going for training with CRS australia to get imployment in some field in Bris !!

Last edited:

fritz42_male

This may not work for you. Aus and Uk C64s used pal uhf for video output. The US model will use the (far inferior) ntsc system.

rigidigital

u r probably right but i mthink my new tv has both pal and ntsc or whater its called ?

I know my dads bang and Olfsen does :)

Actually i think he bought a new flat screen tv, maybe he'll give me the B&O :)

Last edited:

John West

rigidigital, please PM me (upper right corner of the picaxe forum screen.) I'll see what I can do about a C-64 for you.

rigidigital

RD: Although I too am very sorry to hear of your woes at such a youthful age,and wish you speedy recovery,the number of side issues you initially floated made for great confusion. I recall "girlfriends and uncles with a dozen pubs" were just a few of these - surely they've little to do with the forum's core business !?

Given your recovery needs perhaps focus on state of the art electronics (& PICAXEs) & forget wrestling with technology & computers from 30 years back !

Just WHERE are you - forum regulars may live nearby & donate you gear/drop by for assistance etc. I'd certainly look to do this if you lived near my base (Wellington-NZ).
yeah, true i made some wild posts, think i was over doing my medication :( and ive been pretty embarrased about all that.!

Last edited:

fritz42_male

Also you might have to locate a US power supply as the US uses a (far inferior) 110v system and I don't think the c64 power supply was universal but I could be wrong.

ps
disappointed that no yanks rose to the previous (far inferior) comment. :p

rigidigital

had second thoughys

i READ MANUKA'S ost, and i think he's right,
I should strick to pickaxe projects for a while and nort get sidetracked by my interest in c-64

Im mpretty mbusy with lost mof other stuff and my plans for my pickaxe is going to require na lot of effoet plus i still go to gym and rehab 3 times a week for half a day each time.

god my spelling is still rubbish :)

MPep

i READ MANUKA'S ost, and i think he's right,
I should strick to pickaxe projects for a while and nort get sidetracked by my interest in c-64

Im mpretty mbusy with lost mof other stuff and my plans for my pickaxe is going to require na lot of effoet plus i still go to gym and rehab 3 times a week for half a day each time.

god my spelling is still rubbish :)
That's ok. In NZ, the Ministry of Education has allowed senior year students to write their end-of-year exam answers in 'text speak'. eg B4, L8R etc.
If this is what the future holds for us then it would seems that you are ahead of your time!!!! :eek::eek: