AXE134Y serial board

StigOfTheDump

Hi

I have a project using an AXE134Y 4x20 OLED. I want to fit it into a box with transparent lid that I already have several of. The OLED board is a perfect fit but the serial board extends beyond the edge of it too far. I am going to cut this board just behind where the download socket would be so that it is flush with the OLED board. I will then solder the 10k resistor to the 22k and solder the other end into the 0v VR1 hole. I will need to remove the 18M2 if I ever need to reprogram it.

Can anybody see anything that I may have missed.

Stig

nick12ab

I cannot see anything that you've missed.

You could also put the 18M2 from the AXE133 PCB directly on to your main project PCB instead and connect the OLED to your main PCB.

bfgstew

Stig, just remove the piggy back board and connect it using ribbon cable then mount it out of the way.

StigOfTheDump

Thanks

Ribbon cable is what I have used before but is a bit unwieldy in this project. I will cut the board if nobody sees any big snag. I have bigger boxes but this one is an ideal size for the application.

I will post again in a couple of weeks if it is a success. Still at the measuring twice stage!

Stig