X2?

Sorry for my ignorance, but I've been away from this forum for awhile. Putting all my time and energy into a project with a different microController.

I remember it being mentioned some time ago that there was to be a new generation PICAXE introduced sometime around 3rd quarter 2006. I read through some current threads here and see "X2" mentioned a few times. Is the new generation coming soon?

Brian

hwinther

I can only tell you what i have gathered from the various threads on the subject, and that is that the X2 chips (28X2 and 40X2) are delayed, and rev-ed chose to rather delay them than release an unfinished product. (They have yet to give us an updated release date)

However in the meanwhile they have given us plenty of new stuff to "play with" in form of programming software updates. If you haven't already you should take a look at www.rev-ed.co.uk/docs/beta5.pdf and try out www.rev-ed.co.uk/software/beta5.zip

Concidering the changes they've made so far I don't mind waiting a little longer for the X2's :)

demonicpicaxeguy

Dear Technical,
we use the picaxe for high capacity multi channel data loggers (up to 2gb sd/mmc cards)
but for the sake of my ability to sleep,
please please pretty please with suger on top please give us either a rough date or tell us if the 28x2&40x2 will support spi,buffered serin,somthing..... i'll even pay u to email it to me... please :)

Cheers Chris