woooooooooooo and i owe it all to picaxe

well the processing...
just for those who know my project, i had my vivas - final year assessments for my final year project, its worth 40credits out of 120 for my final year.

my first viva was my project supervisor, and i got 75%, and the second was a seperat marker who said i was a very good engineer, and gave me 70% allthough those marks are not set they are the marks allocated to me at this moment, which means im well on my way to getting a first class degree in robotics!

thankyou picaxe and the gyuys who helped me on my programming q's

:D video to come soon, i just found me tv card!

nat

Edited by - Roboteernat on 28/03/2007 22:00:40

BeanieBots

Congratualations and hope it's a good indicator of the final result. Glad to see a success story in the sadly neglected field of robotics.
Looking forward to your next video.

Brietech

speaking of things we owe to picaxes =) I just got a job in NYC this summer doing FPGA development for a company, and they found out about me through my picaxe-based "laptop" that got posted on slashdot! Thanks Rev-ed!

manuka

I'm VERY impressed & love your Chris++ & Fentium sense of humour! Watch out that you don't get lost to academica however with this intern job -Bill Gates went the same way back in the mid 70s & look where THAT got him...

Thought: Can you show a LCD close up maybe? The existing pix are great, but too small for screen gory details. Stan

Brietech

yeah, i really should take better pictures soon (maybe this weekend!). I'm in the market for a better LCD though. I found one that is the same physical size, but is 24x8 characters, which would be a pretty hefty upgrade (and for $30!). I was trying to find a 40x8 or 40x4 that I could afford, but no luck. I also finally got a hold of a 24LC1025 chip, so when I install it that's almost instant doubling to 128kb instead of 64kb. I'd also like to make an 08M-based "soundcard" for it sometime, as it is actually quick enough to do synth-type stuff.

Hi all, had the project open day on thursday where joe bloggs comes in from the area to have a look around, and also many companies come to have a look round. a dstl spoke tome, and also a companny in my home town and they said they really liked it, and took away my details as they sort of offered me a job working with robotic grippers for industrial robots :) so yay, but its not the field i wanted to go in, but we shall have an investigation however.

The companies that come in also interview for awards (with money attached :D) and they spoke to me, resulting in me winning 2nd prize for the best application of technological skills, and also the prize for the best BSc project overall so yay :)

nat