windows8

Kecked

Just checking before I botch myself up. IS VSM and picaxe programming editor able to run in windows8. Any limits because of using windows8?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
They work fine... if you can actually work out how to get to the Windows desktop and start any application :)
Use the Windows 7 AXE027 usb driver installation process.

westaust55

... if you can actually work out how to get to the Windows desktop and start any application :)
From my brief forray with Win8 on an older P,C getting to the desktop was relatively easy (maybe a case of once you know),
but remembering how to shut down without resorting to the 4 sec press of the On/Off switch on the front of the PC case strained the brain cells.

erco

I also had good results with Win8 and the Picaxe PE. I'm using an Ebay generic CP2102 USB/Serial adapter with Goeytex's inverter mod. Installation was a two-step process. After I plugged the adapter in, Win8 loaded a driver, but it wouldn't work until I opened a box in the taskbar asking to download a 210x USB modem driver. It installed displaying "Vista/Win7 drivers", but works fine. The adapter connects faster and more reliably than it did with Vista.

BCJKiwi

Have found that I need to run the IE browser (IE10) in compatibility mode to enable effective use of this Forum editor.
e.g. The enter key does not create a new line.