Why 18M2 support dropped flow editor?

BruceABT

Why 18M2 not included in flow chart editor?
Don't believe Logicator is 'a better and simplier editor'.

Having used Logicator verses Programing editor flowchart( =PFC for short) they are totally different.
PFC is far more powerfull. I have written very complicated code with it, with great success. PFC is a 'buggy' editor that needs more attention (the editor itself)! ADC simulation 'in steps of 5', um, what for? Why can't we have both? This change rendered one of my programs untestable! Try using 'arrow keys' while editing, say, digits of a pause command, the whole page moves!!!! As said, buggy. Yes there is more like this..... If you include the 18M2 in PFC I will send you as many 'bugs' as I can.

The Logicator is limited and confind in many aspects, it's structure is 'much harder' to draw and edit. For example 'a connecting line' cannot cross another line, with the resulting programing code becoming larger. If you want to 'reuse an action' this cannot be done. Why B0-B13 diffence? Although A-F and then Eprom commands conform to the PIC itself does make sence, but much harder to use this way. Editor speed is far better than PFC & less strain on PC itself. Big problem, has anyone tried to get the grid size up to 100x100? It crashes the editor.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
The official position is that for the Programming Editor, "flowcharting mode is no longer supported or updated for new release PICAXE chips", and we recommend that Logicator is used instead. There are no plans for Programming Editor Flowcharting Mode to be updated to support 18M2 and later PICAXE devices. Logicator is award winning software used successfully by many schools, students and others and it is intended to support new release PICAXE chips.

We will always investigate issues and consider suggested improvements for supported software. For ADC simulation, to get step changes of 1, in Logicator use the arrow keys when over the ADC fader in the Analogue Panel, and in Programming Editor simulation enter the value required in the text box of the analogue input field.

We will investigate the other issues you have raised.