Whats the big deal about getting microcontrollers communicating

rigidigital

Hi there, this question is because I have been using the parallax propellor , a multicore chip communicating with each other. My fav chip is the picaxe but there have been numerous posts about getting the prop chips communicatng. I have done this using serial. Maybe I should have posted this on the parallax website but I dont see any problem with either prop or picaxe chips communicating with each other using serial ? Maybe my IQ is just really high :) My son (according to his Aus Army IQ test is 140) I think mine is around 50 :)

Goeytex

The big deal? Hmmm

A Picaxe may represent the first time someone has tried to setup and program a microcontroller. They may have no background or
experience in either electronics or programming. This can be daunting for some folks. They may be unfamiliar with microprocessor
terms, Picaxe syntax, etc. IMO the Picaxe manuals are not the easiest to navigate. Having problems & questions is understandable.

You have to realize not everyone has an IQ as high as your "50".

manuka

Mate- you're just suffering due to the rugby outcome I'd say. For starters- are you up with matching the serial parameters (n/t, baud rate, stop bits,parity etc)? The Rev.Ed manuals consider this in fine detail.