What have I done?

regpye

I must have done something that I am not aware of.
When using the serial terminal simulation normally it was a small window that appeared above the editor screen, but now it is a full size screen and separated from the editor. This makes it rather difficult to see what is going on as I have to keep changing from one window to another. and back again.
I have searched through all the option settings thinking that I may have changed something by mistake, but have not been able to locate where the problem is.
Can someone please assist and let me know how I can get it back again as it was originally,

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
When the Terminal is full screen there should be the usual three title bar icons at the top right; "minimise", "restore", "close". Click the middle one, "restore".

regpye

When the Terminal is full screen there should be the usual three title bar icons at the top right; "minimise", "restore", "close". Click the middle one, "restore".
Thanks, but that was the first thing I tried to use, but but the middle one, restore does nothing, when I click on it, it just blinks, the minimise works okay, and the close works okay too.
I have tried restarting the computer a few times in case there was something going on in memory or something, but no change.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Thanks, but that was the first thing I tried to use, but but the middle one, restore does nothing, when I click on it, it just blinks, the minimise works okay, and the close works okay too.
The 'blink' is probably it changing from "maximised" to "restored" with the restored being the same full-screen size as maximised. Not sure how you got it into such a sate but in the restore state it should be possible to move the title bar around and then click on the borders to bring it back down in size.

I'll try and find where the setting may be for the Terminal window. What version of Windows are you using ?

regpye

I have tried to resize as you have suggested, but there are no handles appearing to move the simulator screen size.
I tried removing the editor completely from the computer and then found that the files were still in the program directory, so I deleted them all and reinstalled again. Same problem when testing after a reinstall.
I am using Windows 10 64bit
The title bar will not respond as it would normally, I can't move the screen in any direction but after playing around trying to resize the simulation window I found that if I pull it to the righthand side it will shrink down to half width but full height and the editor appears very small next to it on the left-hand side of the screen. If I click on the editor screen it will resize to full height and then I have both on the screen at the same time, but the editor will only display part of its window. There are some resize handles available that will let me adjust a little and then either the simulator disappears or the editor disappears depending on which way I move the handles.
I have never had this happen before, it is very strange and very annoying.
It was working fine earlier today, and then suddenly this happened and I don't recall doing anything different than I normally do.

regpye

Problem fixed. It was not anything to do with the Editor, it was a display setting of the computer that had changed, possibly by installing some new software. After playing around with the display settings (I use two screens because my notebook screen is too small to see properly) I found by trial and error how to make it work again (but don't ask me what I did because I tried so many things until I got it working)
This experience may be helpful to someone if it happens again to someone else.

inglewoodpete

Problem fixed. It was not anything to do with the Editor, it was a display setting of the computer that had changed, possibly by installing some new software. After playing around with the display settings (I use two screens because my notebook screen is too small to see properly) I found by trial and error how to make it work again (but don't ask me what I did because I tried so many things until I got it working)
This experience may be helpful to someone if it happens again to someone else.
You're not alone. I often seem to have uncharted journeys through my computer's applications/config screens and never seem to be able to repeat them when I want to :unsure: .