Waterflow metering

westaust55

I'm sure that your post which you linked will help me when I start to do whole program. You said that slots are not same as multitasking. This is stupid question but does this means that 40x2 can't run more than one slot simultaneously.
Correct.

See the RUN command in PICAXE manual 2 or read here:http://www.picaxe.com/BASIC-Commands/Advanced-PICAXE-Configuration/run/

In part:
To run the second program (after downloading with a #slot 1 directive) use the command 'run 1'. This command stops the current program and starts the second program running immediately. Variables and pin conditions are not reset, so can be shared between the programs. However all other system functions, such as the gosub/return stack, are reset when the second program starts. Therefore slot 1 program can only be considered as a a goto from the slot 0 program, not a gosub.

When in program 1 you can also use 'run 0' to restart the first program. If you wish to also reset the variables you must use a 'reset' command instead to restart program 0. This is equivalent to 'run 0' + variable reset.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
You said that slots are not same as multitasking. This is stupid question but does this means that 40x2 can't run more than one slot simultaneously.
That is correct. Only the PICAXE M2 range support multi-tasking.