Wanted: video links showing PicAxe applied to Halloween projects.

I'm interested in showing some kids how the PicAxe might be applied to some entertaining attention-getting projects, and since Halloween is coming up in the US, I thought some video demonstrations might do the trick. I'm especially interested in seeing the effect (for example, a monster moving its eyes around) and how that effect has been achieved (video of the PicAxe behind the scenes and any actuators, etc.). Thanks. :)

As astonishing as this might sound, I've already been there and done that. Problem is, many of the videos that pop up in such a simple-minded search have their issues, which is why I've attempted a more personal approach in asking the forum if they (you) might have links to videos that match the criteria I stated. For example, since I'm looking for something to show kids, it doesn't help to see obscenities flash on the screen, nor is it very exciting to watch a middle-aged man unpack his delivery of PicAxe products for all to see.

inglewoodpete

... nor is it very exciting to watch a middle-aged man unpack his delivery of PicAxe products for all to see.

Which reminds me, I must record the arrival and unpacking of my next PICAXE order and post it on youtube too! Yep, I'm a "middle-aged man" who doesn't fully understand social media either.:rolleyes:

ZOR

I am way past YouTube age, I have a program that turns on and off one LED, maybe I can upload that with my cat eating his food in the background. Oh boy, so much for social media!!

Hey guys,

thanks for replying to my request. Sorry I didn't get my thanks out sooner, but we got knocked off line by a hurricane here.

Paix

Hurricane Sandy knocking on door - trick or treat? Ah well, Halloween 2013 isn't far away now. Time to think about the new generation of props
I trust that you and yours are all well.

boriz

Thanks.

Skull came from Poundland. The scream sound is generated by a 'sound machine' exactly like this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sound-Machine-Prank-Joke-Toy-Fun-Special-Effects-/140875483089?pt=UK_Toys_Games_Games&hash=item20ccd547d1

I used three servo's - a tough metal geared one (MG995) for neck rotate, and two cheap 9G micro-servo's for the jaw and to press the button on the sound machine.

Two proximity detectors like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170803376705?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

And a 4*AA battery box. Servo power straight from the batteries, Picaxe and sensor power taken after a diode drops the voltage a little.