VSM Wish List

CDRIVE

I hope the next VSM version includes a scope with X-Y capability. Not having one severely limits my designs. That said, the Serial Port interface provided with VSM makes the purchase expenditure more than worthwhile, as it opened a virtual link between my Picaxe projects and my VB6 programs.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
VSM does include a virtual oscilloscope.
Right Click>Place>Virtual Instrument>Oscilloscope

CDRIVE

My fault, I should have said "A scope with X-Y Input capability". The scope provided with VSM doesn't have a X Input mode to plot Vy against Vx.. ;)

CDRIVE

I'm surprised that after my last statement I wasn't corrected again. I found the X input control on the scope. I didn't see it before because I had a short in my design. It was located between my ears! :rolleyes:

CDRIVE

OK, I have a simple RC time constant set up and the scope is set to Voltage vs Time. All works OK in this mode. I also have the B chan connected across the cap so I can switch the scope's mode to X-Y (A=Y B=X) plot. The scope paints a diagonal line, as I would expect, but when a switch is closed across the cap, the display doesn't change. A and B should drop to zero. What's happening here?