Using Tasks on 18M2 (non plus) in PICAXE editor?

cloudy

I'm trying to use multitasking (of which I understand the early 18M2 supports 4) in basic, but if I try to program the chip with any of these commands I get a 18M2+ command are not supported on older 18M2 chips! Am I missing something?

Many Thanks,
James

techElder

So, if I read your post correctly, you are getting a message from the compiler that says a command you are using won't work on the PICAXE that you are using, and you are questioning the accuracy of the compiler message?

Is that the question?

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Older 18M2 parts ( firmware 2.x ) support four tasks, while newer 18M2+ parts ( firmware D.x ) support eight tasks.

There is a single 18M2 compiler used for both which will pass Syntax Check if more than four tasks are used but issue an error on download if more than four tasks are used and the target is an older 18M2.

It appears the PE6 compiler is producing an error message when an attempt is made to download multi-tasking command into an older 18M2. We will need to investigate that further.

cloudy

Hippy, that does appear to be the case - even trying only one task causes the prompt, would be grateful if you were able to take a look
Thanks,
James