Ultrasonic not working in S2P?

stevesmythe

I haven't used S2P for a while but I've got a new project that needs it so I downloaded the latest version today. However, I can't get the ultrasonic sensor to work. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but the attached photos show the Scratch blocks and the circuit board.

I put an LED on C.1 just to prove that the Picaxe and S2P generally are working. The SIG pin is connected to C.2. Without changing anything (except adding a debug command), I converted the .sb2 file to Picaxe Basic and that works OK.

I have tried the same thing on a 28X2 to no avail.

Have I missed something obvious? Quite likely due to brain fog!

PS (I know that the 5 pin header is bu**ered due to resoldering too many times but the 3 pin header works fine).

Attachments

stevesmythe

Bug in S2P?

Technical
I've done some more testing and the attached Scratch project doesn't work in Connected mode but it does in Remote mode. In Connected mode, the LED on C.1 doesn't flash (even when range<10) and the SRF005 LED stays off instead of blinking.

It doesn't say anything in the manual about Ultrasonic not working in connected mode so is this a bug?

Attachments

Last edited:

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
MIT have broken all the extensions in the latest 444.x Scratch releases, hopefully they will fix the bug soon.

Look carefully at the reporter displayed in the stage top left, it says 'PICAXE.C' whereas it should be 'PICAXE'.

In the mean time use an older version of Scratch.