"ultra" command

womai

I just noticed in the change log for the Programming Editor that there is a new command, "ultra", available for the M2 and X2 parts. Works with the ultrasonic distance sensor. After some tries I got it to compile (ultra c.0, w0 on a Picaxe 20X2); haven't got the hardware at hand to really try it out, but will come very handy soon when I get back to doing robotics with my son.

The command is listed in the quick syntax check (in the Programming Editor) but there is no mention of it in the Basic manual - guess this is an omission soo to be fixed?

womai

Ok, thanks, I was only looking in the PDF manuals (both the one on the website and the one included with the Programming Editor). Hope it will make it into these as well.

BTW, the example in the online commands section has a bug. It will turn on the LED not only when an object is within 10 cm, but also when no object is detected (return value 0). To correct that, the if condition should be changed from

if b1 < 10 then ...

to

if b1 > 0 and b1 < 10 then ...

jims

Good morning... My Program Editor is at level 5.5.5. Is there a "patch" that will bring me up to level 5.5.6? Also, is the "ultra" command included in 5.5.6? the PE Revision History says this about 5.5.6 ScreenHunter_02 Sep. 12 08.06.jpg. Does "ultra" apply to all M2 processors?
Thank you for any help you can give me about this. Jims

westaust55

DO not forget also that you must copy the files in the patch to the folder where you have the Programming editor installed - do not try and run it like you might with many patches.
A reminder as there have been a few threads here where folks did not read the instructions to copy the files.

jims

Thanks to both of you!!. I must learn to pause & read before I jump into these things. Have done as you said...downloaded & ran the new "ultra" command. It works as advertised. Thank you again. Jim S
DO not forget also that you must copy the files in the patch to the folder where you have the Programming editor installed - do not try and run it like you might with many patches.
A reminder as there have been a few threads here where folks did not read the instructions to copy the files.