Ubuntu programming

w0es

I have just begun using Ubuntu as my OS. I down loaded the linaxepad software and a
usb driver. When I try to program a chip, I get: "ERROR, verification error-0x00 transmitted
but 0xfffff0 received at byte 0". If I keep trying to program the chip, it will eventually return
that it was successful.

What am I doing wrong and what does this lag mean?

Here is the simple code that I was trying to run on a 08m as a test using Ubuntu:

Main:
high 4
pause 500
low 4
pause 500
goto main

Thanks,
Earl

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Which USB serial cable are you using ( AXE027, USB010, other ), which driver did you download and from where ? Which version of Ubuntu are you using ?

I've used both AXE027 and USB010 successfully with Ubuntu 8.04 ( Hardy Heron ).

It could be a hardware issue; check the download interface is correct ( it's not a potential divider ) and that the power supply produces enough voltage.

You can also check operation of the USB cable and hardware using a Windows desktop PC or laptop.

w0es

Ubuntu

Thanks for the reply. I am using a serial to usb cable. Not the cable you mention.

This cable is the same one I use in winXP and it works fine with my xp Picaxe program. What I don't understand is the fact that I get similar but different byte, most times its the 0 byte but not always, i.e. byte 21 etc. After repeated tries it loads ok. I have checked all hardware and no trouble found. (CCCU... came clear cause unknown! An old telephone co. phrase)

I never get a failure when I use the same hardware but in the winXP mode.

I just thought I'd post this in case someone else has run into this problem. I can load the software with repeated attempts so I will live with it.

I really appreciate this forum!

Earl