TV romote for an IR controller

apburner

I have researched the Sony remotes and have found what I think is the codes for the input I will receive on my picaxe. However I am not sure. If anyone has tried this I would like to ask if the button and codes are like this
Button
code

This is the way I read the pages I found with the codes. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Steve

benryves

That is correct. There is a large table of codes in the PICAXE BASIC manual (look up the infraout command).

atharvai

if u rn't sure program the picaxe to recieve IR signal. and press the buttons on ur remote controller one at a time and see what code u get. it'll work for any remote that way

make ur PIC learn!

profmason

Just a quick comment on remotes. The 99 cent store chain in the US sells "Universal Remotes" that can be programmed to output the sony standard. These remotes sell for 99 cents. I have about a dozen and they all work great!

apburner

Thanks all for the replies. I never thought about looking in the manual. But I guess the old adage still holds.
When all else fails read the directions.
:)
Steve

manuka

Agreed - local "dollar store" versions work well here in NZ too. These make a great poor-mans Picaxe numeric keypad by the way. As has been often mentioned on this Forum, the 08M has pretty much rewritten the text book on IR data comms. Stan