Temperature range for picaxe.

andrewpro

Look at the part number on the chip and cross reference that on the microchip website for the temp range. That said, all of mine are industrial range devices. I believe that's -40 to +100 or somethin like that. Commercial is 0-70, and military is -40 to 150. Those are roundabout figures as I dont recall exactly from the top of my head. All temps are in C.

--Andy P

Jeremy Leach

Hi andrewgodfrey

You can't expect to ask a question like that on this forum without us wondering 'why'. So why do you ask - if you don't mind ? Could interest us all ;-)

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
It might depend upon which actual PICAXE, but the datasheet for the 16F88 (PICAXE-18X) indicates -40'C to +85'C, so that's a good ballpark figure.

Because the 08 and 18 devices use an internal oscillator, its frequency may change with temperature, so the range may be more limited in practice depending upon what you are wanting to do.

andrewgodfrey

I do not have a chip to get a part number from.
I just ordered my first picaxe chips a few days ago.
I want the info. because I have a project in mind that would require a picaxe to be housed in a plastic box mounted on a pole with a solar panel in a paddock. I just wondered if the picaxe would handle the heat.

Not sure, but I have a little 08-handled sun tracker with the picaxe under the PV cell, and it handles summer in San Antonio, TX jut fine. So.... you're probably good to go :)

Make sure the picaxe gets a bit of air flow.

Dippy

And don't forget the potential problems of condensation - if you live where it can get cold and damp (like UK).