Teacher having Logicator problems

bhslions

I am trying to use Logicator to program an 08M. I am playing a ringtone out of output 2 and have a decision command with a push to make switch out of input 3. Everything is set up correctly in Logicator and on the 08 project board. The ringtone plays, but it plays right away when the board is downloaded and powered up, not when I push the button. Also, the ringtone will just keep repeating itself. It is as it is not reading the button/decision command at all. Is this a Logicator bug? I am using an older version (version 2, build 62). I am racking my brain on this and need to get it figured out for some of my students ASAP.

thank you,
Steve

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Welcome to the PICAXE forum.

It's seems unlikely to be a logicator bug and if it runs correctly when simulated that suggests there's a hardware issue with your board.

Check that the switch is connected to the correct PICAXE leg / input pin ( Leg 4 / Input Pin 3 ), that there is a pull-up or pull-down resistor and that it's connected for correct polarity. If the polarity is wrong you'll be getting an activate signal when not pressed.

For a decision on "Pin3=1" the switch should be between +V and the input pin, with a pull-down to 0V.

Try turning the board on with the button pressed. If that doesn't play the tones until button released that would suggest the polarity is inverted. You can simply change the polarity in the 'decision' block if you don't want to re-wire the switch.

bhslions

thank you on the logicator help

Hi Hippy,
Thank you for the quick reply on the pull-down resistor info for the input button. It WORKS! I knew about this, but have never had the problem before on other picaxe boards with the pin remaining high. Thank you again so much.

take care,
Steve