stuff

Dippy

Ah the Internet is SO handy.

What will they think of next?
I know; a website where you can post all your personal details inlcuding what you did this morning and you can have brain-dead friends and say anal things about each other.
Not sure whether to call it Faecesbook or Twatter.

slimplynth

haha yes I think your right, facebog is a useless distraction - imagine all the man hours the UK must spend, documenting snippets of mundane day to day trivia. (time that could be spent digging man made lakes).

Had seen the sand box and wondered what it was for, do the threads expire after a day? Thought you might be able to delete them.

The text file is a list of some useful newbie questions/ expert answer threads/sites, saves me having to search.

Dippy

"time that could be spent digging man made lakes"
- for one or two people this is time that could be spent kerb-crawling on Forums.

I wonder if there is a Betty Ford clinic for Forum Addicts?

Dippy

Yes, you need immediate psychological help :) .
And some anti-bacterial wipes for the Blackberry.
Toilet time is for reading Electronics catalogues - ask Andrew.

You wouldn't catch Adrian Monk doing such a thing.

slimplynth

Possible flow chart?

Never really liked the idea of paper based entertainment in the bathroom, especially tabloid papers in a work's gents.

Working (time & a turd) for TV licensing, in a stall one day (txting probably) I heard strange sounds coming from the adjacent cubicle. Obvious bodily sounds and then the tell tale sound of loo roll being ripped and bunched together; followed immediately by the sound, of what I would consider, excessive scrubbing :eek:

It made me question whether my parents had taught me the correct bathroom protocols or if the guy crapping feet away had troubled parents.

Not something easily resolved (internally) or generally a subject most people would like to document.

Last edited:

Dippy

"... or if the guy crapping feet away had troubled parents."
- eh? Did he have his Mum and Dad in there too?

No, I don't want to know. No wonder my darned licence is so expensive - half the fee goes on bogrolls!

One last thing:
"imagine all the man hours the UK must spend, documenting snippets of mundane day to day trivia. "
... I wonder who said that?
Anyway, thanks for documenting snippets of day to day toilet trivia.

Dippy

I notice they use a 'high pass' filter.
Surely this should be a 'high pass-wind' filter?

Why go to all that effart when a simple lighted match will do the job?

slimplynth

It would be good to have quantitative comparissons ; everyone likes their own brand :D but some mates swear the acrid smell of rotten apple is nowhere near as other peoples' burned nasal membranes report it to be.

papaof2

I notice they use a 'high pass' filter.
Surely this should be a 'high pass-wind' filter?

Why go to all that effart when a simple lighted match will do the job?
There's an uncle in my wife's family who tried the match test when he was much younger - he learned that these emissions should NOT be ignited close to the source ;-)

John

Dippy

"There's an uncle in my wife's family who tried the match test when he was much younger "

- oh yeah :)

Sounds like someone who goes into a Pharmacy.. "Can I buy some xxx please. They're for a friend."