Student Expo of Electronic Gadgets

tinyb

Hi

Just to let people in Adelaide know that there is an expo of student electronic work at the Golden Grove Community Arts Centre, Wednesday 10th November from 11.30am to 1pm and Riverton Community Gym, Thursday 11th November from 5.30pm to 8pm (we also have our wine launch and a BBQ)
It is relevant to Picaxe as many of my students have used picaxe chips in their solutions to the problems presented. I teach and promote the use of Picaxe chip to my students and fellow teachers in the local community. My year 11 physics students used an 08m in their UAV that came 5th at the UAV outback airborne delivery challenge.
PM me if you want more details.

thanks
tiny

westaust55

Hi

Just to let people in Adelaide know that there is an expo of student electronic work at the Golden Grove Community Arts Centre, Wednesday 10th November from 11.30am to 1pm and Riverton Community Gym, Thursday 11th November from 5.30pm to 8pm (we also have our wine launch and a BBQ)
It is relevant to Picaxe as many of my students have used picaxe chips in their solutions to the problems presented. I teach and promote the use of Picaxe chip to my students and fellow teachers in the local community. My year 11 physics students used an 08m in their UAV that came 5th at the UAV outback airborne delivery challenge.
PM me if you want more details.

thanks
tiny
Dr_A is on the way :)

Unfortunately a bit far for me to drop in to view the PICAXE projects and sample the local drop of red.

John West

I'd also like to attend. However there's the small matter of the Pacific Ocean in the way. Sigh. Maybe next year......

manuka

Tinyb: Great stuff! Although the Tasman Sea between us is a mere puddle beside the Pacific Ocean, it's still a tad substantial, so how about you shoot some video & upload to YouTube? "Silicon Chip" are always after good schoolies level projects of course too. Stan. in NZ

Last edited:

tinyb

Stan

Tried Silicon Chip last year with but they didn't take. Was going to again this year but ran short of time. The Concept 2 Creation program that is funding these expos is expanding next year so i will try again.

thanks
tiny

D n T

TinyB can you postit for me?

DO you have a website that you could post some pictures etc on so we can have a look?
Would that make it a "websight"? or is that what you use when you browse the web?

manuka

tinyb: C2C = a great idea! I seem to have the ear of SiChip at present, perhaps due to an 18M2 article being rustled up for Feb/March 2011, so will pass the event news on directly. Take LOTS of high quality photos & record names & details just in case hence! Which PICAXE has mostly been used? Stan.

tinyb

Stan

The year 11s are using the 08m in the wireless prototype in the plan at the moment - to just get the drop module working but have a 28x1 or 2 that they have been interfacing with GPS, voltage and current sensor, trying with a pressure sensor for altitude (they are struggling with the SPI sequencing of commands) and some others. next years group will have these in the plane.
The year 10s have been working mainly with 08ms and SEB but interfacing solenoids (automatic fish feeder), sound and super bright LEDs (clap activated lamp). I have another group working on a remote controlled Nerf gun via bluetooth - they have decided to use the other chip - but have learnt lots and I am doing the same with the picaxe - blue tooth chip to bluetooth chip is interesting (no computer).

The other interesting project is some wearable electronics. They are using the Lilypad system with the open heart kit (charlieplexing LEDs) to create a broach, a pedometer to make some sparkly shoes, headphones in a hat and some EL wire on some sneakers. Would love to develop a Picaxe version of the lilypad control board - have purchased a lilypad protoboard to make a clunky trial.

Others

A sight that explains what Concept 2 Creation (C2C) is http://www.concept2creation.com.au.

I promise to have a glass of Red and a piece of steak for all of you.

I will post some photos of both events on our school moodle.

thanks
tiny