Sonmicro SME291

MPep

Hey Hooter,

Must say that although I have seen them before, not used however. If a Forum search didn't unearth anything, then you are on your own.

However, having read the user manual, it would appear that after set up of the UDP parameters (address and port numbers), that is all there is to do.
It simply acts as a Bridge between serial and UDP.

Obviously, you must have some way of reading the received data, but they even have software that you can download for that.

Good luck.
MPep.

lbenson

I haven't used this device, but did use the UDP features of the similar but discontinued SimpleLan. It was very picaxe-able and easy to interface to/from a PC anywhere on the internet. I used PHP for sending/receiving UDP on the PC side, but many options are available.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Note that UDP is not a 'guaranteed to be delivered' protocol. In practice, on a LAN or using a dedicated one-to-one ethernet link, it may be that all UDP packets do get delivered but even that is not guaranteed. Any part of the network which considers itself too busy to deal with UDP packets could choose to silently drop them.

TCP/IP, Telnet or similar, would be a more reliable connection mechanism.

Hooter

Ok - Thanks for that chaps. I may get a couple and have a play and perhaps learn something. I have a still in my shed that I want to monitor its workings from inside the house. Nothing mission critical - just boys toys.
Will let you know if much transpires.
Cheers - Hooter