some info on infrain for a newby please ?

tonto2k

Hi everyone,

I want to control a robot with the infrain command on my picaxe 28x. I have bought the infrared receiver from the rev-ed website (LED020 Infrared sensor) and I have a generic universal remote control to communicate with it.

I have read that the infrain uses the sony protocol for its codes. Can I just program the tv remote controller to sony then it will transmit and the picaxe will receive it ok? I understand there is a basic circuit for the infrared receiver as well.

Rickharris

Hi everyone,

I want to control a robot with the infrain command on my picaxe 28x. I have bought the infrared receiver from the rev-ed website (LED020 Infrared sensor) and I have a generic universal remote control to communicate with it.

I have read that the infrain uses the sony protocol for its codes. Can I just program the tv remote controller to sony then it will transmit and the picaxe will receive it ok? I understand there is a basic circuit for the infrared receiver as well.

The best place to go for an iR circuit - transmitter as well as receiver is the Rudolph project AX107 You can find it in the data sheets above at the top of this page.

It explains everything.

Yes the Infrain command understands Sony code so all you need to do is set your hand set for sony - be warned this can take some fidelling about Personally I prefer to use a picaxe 08M as TX and RX much easier.