Simulation panel

Radarman2

Would it be possible to include a simulation panel for the LCD unit? I know there's a serial sim panel, but a specific LCD display would be good.
Cheers,
Kev

Radarman2

OK, need a hand now. I've searched forum, website and programming editor and can't get the LCD panel that ecllectic showed a picture of. Updated to 5.3.5 in case that was the problem, but nothing.
Could someone point out if I'm being dense or not. Ta

Radarman2

Already tried that. I don't get the serial LCD display. I get Serial output buffer that displays "þ€" prior to any text.
Sertxd does display correctly (no þ€ shown), but can't get LCD display to come up.
About to try full uninstall then reinstall.
Anyone got any other ideas in case that doesn't work?

R2

Radarman2

Tried uninstall (revo uninstaller and deleted all registry values), restart, reinstall - still no joy. Got exactly the same as before with serial output buffer window only.

eclectic

Tried uninstall (revo uninstaller and deleted all registry values), restart, reinstall - still no joy. Got exactly the same as before with serial output buffer window only.
Can you please post your complete program?

What is your computer setup?

e

Last edited:

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
You need to configure the Serial LCD setting (via the menu E gave) to the appropriate output pin. So if using output 7 make sure the LCD simulation option is set to output 7 aswell.

Radarman2

Thanks Eccy & technical - now working. Brain not engaged, didn't think of setting correct output pin. I'm going off now to sit in a corner and think about what I've done lol.