SHT15 humidity temp sensor

westaust55

The SH1x series of humidity controllers use a serial bus akin to the i2c bus but seemingly not compatible.
At the SHT1x modules can have a clock frequency of 1 or 5MHz may be more akin to SPI communications.

The HOPERF HH10D has a frequency output that can be read in using the COUNT command and thus easy to use on any PICAXE.

As per Eclectic's post and links, you will need to copy or write your own code to interface with the SHT1x sensor modules. Not hard as others have done the investigation and coding work for you.

MPep

The SH1x series of humidity controllers use a serial bus akin to the i2c bus but seemingly not compatible.
That's correct. They do not have a serial number for instance.

westaust55

SHT15 vs HH10D sensors

While the SHT1x series of sensors have a nominal supply voltage rating of 3.3V, they can operate from 2.4V to 5.5V, thus 4.5V via 3 AA cells or 5V via a 7805 are options.

The HH10D according to HOPERF (after I contacted them at the start of my experiments) must be operated from 3Vdc. I guess that a higher voltage will not damage them as the IC's are rated to 5V but the output frequency will very likely be well out of tolerance.

grimmjaw

hi guys,
just bought the SHT15 humidity temp sensor from sparkfuns.get myself a bit confused with the wiring.Is it i2c or serial connection?..i'm using PICAXE 28X which have one i2c port that i'm planning to use connect with EEPROM and store the temp value into it.

do u guys have any idea how to do this.i read thru matherp project, it is abit hard for me to understand how the temp value is obtain and store.
thanks for the help

Jamster

Seems this thread was from before i was on this forum;)

i think from what i can see on the datasheet that it is bidirectional serial and clock connections, so serial yes. But very similar to i2c.

Last edited:

eclectic

hi guys,
just bought the SHT15 humidity temp sensor from sparkfuns.get myself a bit confused with the wiring.Is it i2c or serial connection?..i'm using PICAXE 28X which have one i2c port that i'm planning to use connect with EEPROM and store the temp value into it.

do u guys have any idea how to do this.i read thru matherp project, it is abit hard for me to understand how the temp value is obtain and store.
thanks for the help
See
http://www.phanderson.com/picaxe/sht71.html

e