servo motor connection to PICAXE 18

I am trying to connect a servo motor to the picaxe 18 I am useing the short snippet of code in the manuals but getting no response. I have two seperate power supplies grounded together. I had this working some months ago but have forgotten how THe connections were made. Something in my mind says that a connection to the ULN2803 on the board is not giving the right pulse (wrong Direction so to speak). Have I missed something in the manuals somewhere or have I stuffed my servo somewhere along the line

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
The ULN2803 is probably an open-collector device so you'd need a pull-up resistor to the PICAXE supply rail, or you can take the servo control line from the ULN2803 input / PICAXE output pin which drives it.

You might have to remove the ULN2803 if that interferes with the servo signal voltage level, or use a PICAXE pin which doesn't connect to the ULN2803.

Thanks for the reply Hippy
couldn't get the servo to work so tried a Basic stamp instead, not my lucky day cos a loose 12v cable cooked the stamp, Going for stepper motors now as I have more experience

Doggington