Serout on 14M V9.B

Hooter

Folks - After having a few dramas with the serin command on 14M V.9A I have received replacements which are V.9B. The serout on normal output pins was ok on the V9.A, but don't seem to work at all on any of the ouput pins of the V9.B. I run the same program on both:
Main:
for b0 = 1 to 255
Pause 1000
Serout 1,n4800_4,(#b0,13,10)
next b0
Goto Main
Has anyone else had this bother or is there something I have missed.
All suggestions welcome.
Hooter

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
This program works as expected for us (we changed to output0 so the normal download cable can be used)

#picaxe 14m
#terminal 4800
Main:
for b0 = 1 to 255
Pause 1000
Serout 0,n4800_4,(#b0,13,10)
next b0
Goto Main

Hooter

Thats correct - I had it working ok on both versions via output 0 and all output pins on version 9A but it wouldn,t work on any output pins on version 9B.I have a version 9A sited in an AXE117 board connected to two ports, 1 for download via the normal download in/outs and another port for serout via output pins. I run the attached prog ok on V9A, remove power, replace with a V9B, run the same prog and get nothing. Replace the V9A back into the AXE117 and it all works again ok. I have repeated this process with 5 of each 14m's.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
It looks like their is a bug somewhere, we will look into it. For now we would recommend using output 0 at 4800, as that seems to work ok.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Wea re looking into this, it may take several days. It appears use of variables in serout (e.g. #b1) does not work correctly on some outputs, text strings do work (e.g. "hello"). We suggest you work around the issue by using output 0 at present, as this works correctly.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
This has been identified as a bug on 14M v9.B firmware. We apologise for the issue.

serout of strings will work correctly e.g.
serout 1,n4800,("hello")

However serout of variables will not work as expected
serout 1,n4800,(#b1)

In this situation we recommend using output 0, which can output variables correctly.

This issue is corrected on v9.C which is now shipping from www.tech-supplies.co.uk

If you use v5.1.5 (or later) of the Programming Editor software use of a problem command will create a warning (if you are using v9.B chips)

Last edited by a moderator: