Serial Terminal Window

bpowell

I don't suppose there is a way to resize (i.e. make larger) the Serial Terminal Window? I'm pulling in a large serial stream, and just need a couple of more characters of room to keep it all tidy...I'm just asking...please feel free to mock me if I'm missing something obvious.

I'm referring to the F8 serial terminal window within the Picaxe Software Editor.

Thanks!

pyrogaz

I had the same problem when working with GPS sentences so switched to using Hyperterminal instead of the Picaxe terminal window.

eclectic

I don't suppose there is a way to resize (i.e. make larger) the Serial Terminal Window? I'm pulling in a large serial stream, and just need a couple of more characters of room to keep it all tidy...I'm just asking...please feel free to mock me if I'm missing something obvious.

I'm referring to the F8 serial terminal window within the Picaxe Software Editor.

Thanks!
Use Hippy's AITerm
http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8961&highlight=aiterm

It can also be minimised, for background monitoring,
which is very useful.

e

bpowell

I had the same problem when working with GPS sentences so switched to using Hyperterminal instead of the Picaxe terminal window.
Thanks pyrogaz....I just hate having to remember to disconnect and reconnect...If I recall, I always frustrated myself with that...but I'll give it a shot!

bpowell

Hippy's AITerm has solved the problem...it looks awesome, and works great...I haven't tried programming while it's running yet...but will give that a shot shortly....Thanks again!