Serial LCD Firmware have SMD?

Vroom

Serial LCD Firmware chip have DIP only, if anyone knows there is an SMD version of the Serial LCD Firmware chip? I rather want to use only SMD parts include Serial LCD Firmware. Serial LCD Firmware is PIC16C620A (programmed), I could programming to PIC16C620 SMD but couldn't find a Hex code, maybe own copyrighted sales only. Anyone have a hex code for Serial LCD Firmware for PIC16C620A? I will try email to ask Revolution if special order.

Last edited:

westaust55

Serial LCD Firmware chip have DIP only, if anyone knows there is an SMD version of the Serial LCD Firmware chip? I rather want to use only SMD parts include Serial LCD Firmware. Serial LCD Firmware is PIC16C620A (programmed), I could programming to PIC16C620 SMD but couldn't find a Hex code, maybe own copyrighted sales only. Anyone have a hex code for Serial LCD Firmware for PIC16C620A? I will try email to ask Revolution if special order.
@vroom8,
Rev Ed are the designers of the FRM010 Serial LCD chip (well the firmware portion).
As such, like all companies who develop a product, they wish to retain copyright over the device - in this case the firmware witinin the PIC chip.

You will not be able to find the HEX code by legal means and nor with Rev Ed supply you (sell or otherwise) the code so that you can create you own chip.

In Ron Hackett's recently released book, he has a project to accept serial comms from a PICAXE chip and drive a parallel LCD display.
Instead of the FRM010 chip Ron uses a 20X2.
http://www.techsupplies.co.uk/epages/Store.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Store.TechSupplies/Products/PUB129

The PICAXE 20X2 is available in SMD format.
http://www.techsupplies.co.uk/epages/Store.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Store.TechSupplies/Categories/PICAXE/SurfaceMount

What you use/buy/design is going to be related to your skill level, etc.
Obviously you have a perceived need for the SMD type chip. but that still needs to go on a board with other parts.

Some further explanation on you goals/reasons may help folks here give you a solution that meets your requirements.