Serial Connector Confusion

MurrayJ

I wish to panel mount a socket to program my Picaxe. My question is which connection is which? Has anyone used this type of socket and can point out the serial in, serial out, and earth on my pic.

Thanks

Attachments

MPep

This is easier worked out with the programming cable plugged in, and using a multimeter in resistance mode.

tracecom

I wish to panel mount a socket to program my Picaxe. My question is which connection is which? Has anyone used this type of socket and can point out the serial in, serial out, and earth on my pic.

Thanks
I am using that connector now. Following the picture you posted, the top connector is Serial Out from the PICAXE, the middle connector is Serial In, and the bottom connector is ground. Give me a minute, and I'll post a pic.

By all means, check it with a meter.

Attachments

Last edited:

westaust55

As MPep says, use a multimeter.

Then make reference to the diagram in PICAXE Manual 1 on page 36 for the correct cable plug connections/usage.

I have bought some of those from Jaycar myself. The Serial Out is the connector on the top as seen in your photo.
Do not have one with me right now, so cannot verify the other two connections at the rear of the socket.

EDIT: okay Tracecom has given you the full conenctions while I was typing :)

Last edited: