Sacre Bleu - the localisation seems to have suffered today - Franglaise Rocks NOT

Paix

Hello Admin,

It would appear that some of the titles and textual furniture of the forum are today being displayed in French rather than English. I presume that there is Localisation so that Francophiles can see French embellishments.

In case it is a case for celebration, you are advised that Bastille Day is not until Saturday (14 July 2012). Give them cake I say :)

G279.png

Are we experiencing the side effects of some uptime fettling perhaps?

Regards,
Ian

nick12ab

I don't see it - have you accidentally changed the forum language using the combobox at the bottom of every page?

Paix

Hi Nick, it seems like the only thing I can think of now you mention it, but have never noticed the option until you pointed it out. Must have been a lucky bit of keyboard exercise as I put it away on end and maybe caught it with my foot. ( Armchair surfing ).

Point taken John, you will have noticed that the forum clock is ten minutes slow too though . . . I think that most of my smarts today were lost whilst in the arms of Morpheus. I blame getting up too early.

McAlester

"uptime fettling" - was ist dies?

fet·tling
   [fet-ling]

noun Metallurgy .
the material with which the hearth of a puddling furnace is lined, usually a dolomite or refractory mixture.

westaust55

Any help? - http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-fettling.htm

The forum used to have regular problems with uptime.
Good possibility. Here in Australia, "Fetlers" are railway track maintenace workers which in line with nick12ab's link.

In the past I have either triggered a keyboard combination or accidently made a selection throught the language selection at the bottom of the forum pages and wondered if the forum had floated a little to the east of the UK.

Last edited:

Paix

I probably managed to kick the keyboard, which I stand on end upon the floor when not in use. I may have knocked it over, a regular occurrence and caught it on the way down, making multiple key presses absently in the process.

With the amount of rain of late Westy, I could not be entirely sure that we haven't floated a little of late or more likely sank a mite in situ.

I am impressed by the lexicographic exactitude being exercised, so feel that it is only fair to advise that I didn't think that the forum maintainers were doing anything with Rails, but perhaps Ruby is a significant entity here, possibly the jewel in the crown, but I just don't know for sure.

By fettling I was referring to potential 'tinkering' or minor code maintenance and nothing metallurgic or to do with Ruby on Rails, Had I been a little more astute at the time I would have noticed the available mechanism for language change. I wasn't and I didn't.

As for the humour, I have broad shoulders, but let's not permit the conversation to spread to bodily parameters as it may show some us less than sylphlike entities in an unkind light.

Enough though, I feel a Tuna and Salmon comment coming on and as they are apt to, "When only the best will do".

Back to work fellas, the humour break is surely over by now. and I have shopping and a project to get on with.

nick12ab

I probably managed to kick the keyboard, which I stand on end upon the floor when not in use.
Idea for a PICAXE project - some sort of proximity sensor system that disables the keyboard when it is put near or on the floor.