rudolf tune in logicator

golfnut

Hi trying to make a xmas novelty for the kids.. I can play a sound/tone on my HW. But I cant play the rudolf tune anywhere other than in the logicator.

I get clicks for the tune in flasher mode - nothing in no output. So is the tune just in logicator am I wasting my time!

Paix

That's not your Post Code, Santa knows that already . . . :)

The tunes are in the 08M and for other chips the compiler loads them automatically, so that the four tunes are always available.

Manual #2 Play and Tune commands give info and the latter connection info for sound output, just in case you are having a problem in that department.
An electrolytic capacitor in series with the speaker might be helpful. If you are getting clicking, it could possibly be that the speaker is affected by a high DC content of the signal. Unlikely as that might seem.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
The tune command works fine with the Rudolph tune, both by itself and with LEDs flashing, so something is not correct with your setup. Post a photo and a schematic and we'll try to help.

carrp

I have built a few christmas novelties with my GCSE Electronics group using an 08MLE2, in this mode you need to use output 2 for the sounder, I found using a cheap cased piezo sounder worked well and you can make the other outputs flash at the same time, I have attached a pic of the schematic and the logicator flowchart if thats any help.

View attachment RUDOLPH.plfrudolph.jpg

Paix

Thanks Paul, your circuit board layout is I am sure worth at least the proverbial one thousand words and spells out how to do it admirably.

Keep up the good work. Today Christmas, tomorrow . . . the world! :)

Paix

. . . sneaking away quietly . . . obviously I was looking at a different level at the time . . . :)