Reproach to the program PE6 editor 6.0.7.5

sefino

1. During writing code after each key to increase the utilization of one CPU core at 100%! I am not able to write the word quickly. :mad: I have a P4 HT 3GHz, 2GB RAM, Radeon HD 3800 Windows 7 32bit. All drivers and updates is installed. I will be glad if you will speed up writing code. Performance consumes probably syntax highlighting.

2. Property TabOrder all windows is not set correctly. When i ride the TAB key components for the cursor does not jump from first to last control.

grim_reaper

While trying to understand what you mean, I tried TABing around and found no problems. Since you mention 'last control' are you talking about Flowcharts?? [I've never used them]

What I did find however, is that when trying to enter a degrees symbol in a comment, using the shortcut sequence Alt+0177, I got the menus and things! Why are the menus referenced to numerics?!
I don't suppose the editor can determine whether I'm trying to keystroke to a menu or enter a keyboard code? Bit tricky!

As for point number 1 sefino, the subject of CPU performance has been discussed before, and even with only 1 CPU at 3GHz you shouldn't experience 100% usage. Have you checked your BIOS settings for Hyperthreading? If it's available, it should be enabled for Windows 7.

sefino

BIOS setup is fine. Operating system too.
Picture titled problem.png speaks for itself. When I'm writing text cpu utilization flies up. The program has about 600 lines of code.
Picture taborder.png is for programmers. Certainly understood by what's going on.

problem.pngtaborder.png

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Alt+0xxx is a known issue with the Ribbon control shortcuts, it is already being worked on by Syncfusion.
A P4 can only HT if the motherboard supports it, the P4 is also an old single core processor so could struggle with many modern programs. Is the slow typing with all programs or just that 600 line one? Are you using legacy mode or the new editor mode (File>Options>Diagnostics)
We are aware that the tab order could be improved in some places, but we also have found that very few people actually use that feature.

grim_reaper

A P4 can only HT if the motherboard supports it
That's kind of what I was getting at; unless the OP built the PC themselves, one would presume a HT processor would be mounted on a motherboard that supports it!
Having refreshed my memory of processor specs, I would say a nearly 10 year old CPU probably would struggle with software produced this very year.

sefino

Well, I'm a slow computer. But MS Visual Studio and Notepad++ etc. also, syntax highlighting when writing code processor workload is "zero". Teach yourself programming and your editor will work faster/better. Without large demands on the processor.

PICAXE hardware is super!
PICAXE Editor ...

end.