remote programming a PICAXE

wagp

I'm working on a project that uses several PICAXE computers. They are all X2 parts connected using I2C.

Is there a way to remotely program the various computers?

thanks

nick12ab

Programming Editor supports programming remotely with the COM > TCP/IP option on the Serial Port tab in the Options dialog. You need to check that 'Show port help tools' checkbox first.

Also, might be relevant, booti2c command can be used to copy a program from an i2c EEPROM or the run command to just run a program on the EEPROM. However PICAXE doesn't support multi-mastered i2c (but you could do your own with separate handshaking signals) nor can you generate a program for one on another PICAXE without an extremely long session of reverse engineering of the tokeniser ("compiler") so the programs would have to be pre-generated on a computer.

inglewoodpete

I'm working on a project that uses several PICAXE computers. They are all X2 parts connected using I2C.

Is there a way to remotely program the various computers?

thanks
In simple terms, "not really" but it depends to some extent on your computer (PC) network. You can't program a daisy chain of PICAXEs by passing the download through one PICAXE to the next.

Some forum members have experimented with wireless comms to program remote PICAXEs. I'm not sure how successful they have been. Sending and receiving the hard break signal required to get the PICAXE into the download mode has been a sticking point.

buntay

Maybe RevEd could do some firmware magic in the future and give us a new command........(wink, wink, nudge, nudge) :cool: