Registering on Windows 7

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
To register your licence key in Windows 7 please ensure you run licence manager in administrator mode. To do this select

Start > All Programs > Revolution Education > PICAXE VSM

and right click on LICENCE MANAGER and select 'Run As Administrator'

twoarrows

To register your licence key in Windows 7 please ensure you run licence manager in administrator mode. To do this select

Start > All Programs > Revolution Education > PICAXE VSM

and right click on LICENCE MANAGER and select 'Run As Administrator'
This is my first time on this forum and to the world of PICAXE. I have just purchased VSM and received my licence key and I am using Windows 7. When I follow the steps above I get an error message indicating the key file does not support this version of VSM or the file may be damaged. The version I downloaded is 7.4 SP2. Any help appreciated Thanks.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
We have tested the licence file and it is ok (see attachment), so we can only assume there is an issue with the way you are saving it from your email attachment to the hard drive or that you have some security software blocking access to it.

Attachments

twoarrows

We have tested the licence file and it is ok (see attachment), so we can only assume there is an issue with the way you are saving it from your email attachment to the hard drive or that you have some security software blocking access to it.
I am still having trouble restigering the VSM software. So far I have....
  • Uninstalled VSM
  • Turned off my Antivirus software (exited Kaspersky)
  • Downloaded the latest version of VSM (see image)
  • Installed latest version of VSM
  • "Saved as" the licence key to the "Revolution Education" folder.
  • Ran the licence manager - Licence Key not recoginised, same message as mentioned in an earlier post
  • Turned on Ka

If the licence key has worked in the past for you is it possible my copy may be corrupted? If so could you please resend or suggest another possible soultion as I am really keen to start using VSM. :confused:

Attachments

Last edited:

twoarrows

Problem Solved

I am still having trouble restigering the VSM software. So far I have....
  • Uninstalled VSM
  • Turned off my Antivirus software (exited Kaspersky)
  • Downloaded the latest version of VSM (see image)
  • Installed latest version of VSM
  • "Saved as" the licence key to the "Revolution Education" folder.
  • Ran the licence manager - Licence Key not recoginised, same message as mentioned in an earlier post
  • Turned on Ka

If the licence key has worked in the past for you is it possible my copy may be corrupted? If so could you please resend or suggest another possible soultion as I am really keen to start using VSM. :confused:
I opened the Licence.LXK file in Notepad and removed the space at the beginning of the text and saved the file.

I then opened Licenced Manager and browsed to the Licence.LXK file. This time licence manager recoginised the key. VSM now opens without the nag ware at the beginning.