ReadTemp error when using C.6 with 20M2

TerryRy

I have found that using a temperature sensor connected to C.6 (20M2) and trying to do a ReadTemp on this input causes the following error message - Ërror download failed Pin C.6 cannot be used for this command".

The simulator can be used without a problem with C.6 but download fails if you try to load a simple program into a 20M2. Is this a limitation of the 20M2 or a Logicator/compiler problem? I have worked around this issue by using C.0 for the temperature sensor.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
This would appear to be a Logicator issue allowing C.6 to be used in simulation when it should not. We will look into this issue.

C.6 cannot be used for READTEMP because of the 20M2 silicon design so stick with the temperature sensor on C.0 and you will be okay.

TerryRy

Thanks for the reply hippy.

Hardware changes have already been made and things are working well.

Out of interest, C.6 is listed as an input only pin which is a hint to limitations for this pin, but how would you know this or other input pins cannot be used for ReadTemp or other input functions? Have I missed some documentation somewhere? Thanks again.

Paix

Simply put, readtemp is not an input function, but an input/output or bi-directional function, and requires pins that can be used as both input and output for correct operation.

Easy to overlook the bi-directional requirement at times :) A very useful heads up on the new chip though Terryry. Thanks.

Last edited:

TerryRy

Now I understand Paix, I should have realised this. Important to remember this for future applications. Your explanation is much appreciated. Thanks