Question to UK users

Jony_BC

Hi there sorry to be posting in this toping but i dind´t find any cheap chat topic. maybe cause you don´t want that kind of topic here if thats the case. I´m very sorry. But i got recently a proposal i and i need to get information. And i thing this is the forum with more Uk users.
Soo I was thinking of get out of my country and try something else. I´m 19 so i thing i´m young enough to try and if it gets bad i got some time to get back to my home country and don´t loose a lot. I realy want opinions from you guys about UK my brother in law is in jersey working in an hotel. i know thats a litle far way from ingland but its the same contry. I got some experience in bartender and but i dont realy like that job. I finishing my school and I´m working in the Mercedes Benz for about to years As and aprendix of electrician of the truck´s and bus´s and all that. But i´m algo gob in the mecanical area. Here we call it Mecatronica.

Só the real questions are:
1º There are Any garage and they are lonking for some ppl or are there always full? maybe some Mercedes- Benz since i got family with the cars from them.

2º Are things a cheap? or very expensive? i already know that electronic stuff are not that expensive. but a house instead is a loot expensive to rent

3º Do you thing it´s a good idea to go and try to have a life in your country? Do you guys acept us ? or you give as a realy hard time?

And i thing thats all sorry for the questions but i ask a lot of ppl but nobody give me good asnwear. only the few that realy have been in the uk tell me the same. "i only regrat that i have came back, i should had stayd there longer"
I thing that says all. But wana ear what you have to sayd.

One more time. sorry if i offend someone in some way. and sorry about my writing i know its not the best...

Ah and, I´m From Portugal.:rolleyes:

cya guys thanks for all :eek:

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Jersey is probably quite different from mainland UK and likewise there are some differences within the various regions of the UK.

1) There are jobs around, I cannot say what exactly. Plenty of people do come to the UK to work and seem to survive. There are some good salaries and there are some very low paying jobs.

2) IMO, I doubt anyone in the UK would say things are cheap, especially with rising fuel prices, near doubling in the price of basic foods in the last few months, and more people are living below and closer to the poverty line ever than before. Housing in particular can be very expensive in some places, whether rented or owned.

3) IMO, there has been a rise of xenophobia and intolerance of people who are non-white, non-Christian, not British born or are economic migrants. That is not to say it's excessive but it is enough to give concern to some Brits who don't feel the same way. There has been a rise in the demonisation of one particular religion within the UK, however, Britain is largely secular, multi-faith, multi-cultural and tolerant and has a reasonably long history of that. It's mainly a mongrel race but there's a minority who are ultra-nationalist who believe Britain has a unique culture which has to be protected from foreign influence. Some sections of the mainstream press seem particularly determined to promote conflict between sections of the community and to blame "foreigners" and "immigration" for many of Britain's woes.

I expect much of what I've written could be applied to many other countries. It's all relative.

My suggestion for anyone thinking of moving to another country is to give it a try before making a permanent decision.

Views expressed are solely those of the author and do not represent the views or opinions of Revolution Education Limited or anyone else.

Jony_BC

tanks for the replay hippy.

Yeah I think i get the idea for moments i think you was talkiing about portugal lol. every country have some problems in comun. but here in portugal everthing have doble the price. only one thing as staid the same the salary of the poor guys the rich ones are always going up but thats just life. Well my brother in law is gething 250 pounds per week. so thats give about 1500 euros month and he spend 500 euros to rent a room. soo a similiar job here in portugal we can only get about 500 or 700 euros month thats about 450 pounds. and in my job truck electrician we can only get to 1500 euros with about 20 years working on the same garage. and one more question the price of a liter of gasoline here is something like a pound and rising. whats the price there?

I know the price of a lot of electronic TV and PC and all that thinks its cheaper then portugal. i only buy small thinks from UK cause the taxes. All my picaxe hardware I get from uk distribuitors tech suplis its the best. Things are sometimes half the price. even with the transport taxes and all that is cheaper and sometimes only takes about to days to get. and buy inside the country i get about a week or more. can you believe?

thanks for all

thanks for all.

Dippy

Average:

Unleaded £1.20 per litre
Diesel £1.30 per litre

... and it will rise.

Bread 80p to £1.30 per large loaf.
Any wheat/cereal/meat products are shooting up... even animal feed is at record highs.
My Council Tax £1800 per year.
My Car Tax £250 per year.
My Utilities Gas/Electric/Water £160 per month.
Food... aargh... we've had to give up crisps.
Thank God I've paid the mortgage off.

House prices drooping.... great swathes of land being built on ....

hippy are you really surprised that some people (even normally mild mannered ones) are gettng a bit chippy? Don't just blame certain sections of the media and extreme/racist political parties... open your eyes to psychology and, in some cases, the reality of the unequal EU. Remember: It's Not What You Do, It's the Way That You Do It. (Sometimes).

But as hippy says, always get a taster before the whole bottle.

Roll on the points system. I have experienced it, it's great.

There's a British phrase: "The Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence".

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
No surprise at at all that there are concerns but I believe a lot of those concerns are misdirected.

I think it's true of many countries; there are low paid jobs which locals won't touch and only get filled by itinerant workers who can come in, take the cash and do a runner. That creates all sorts of direct and knock-on problems. It's a complicated issue going well beyond the visible outward signs of the problems, and would involve a long anti-capitalist rant on my part, which I'll save you from :)

Dippy

Phew! Bless you. But I wonder how much PIC chips and Propellors would cost in a non-competitive world...

I know of a couple of local examples in Agriculture where Farm Managers love immigrant workers. I speak to them in the Pub where lips are loosened by beer. I too will desist at this point.
(Phew! Thank goodness.)

Anyway, come on over and test the water Jony. I would contact UK Employment Agents first and maybe the Chambers of Commerce to see the market conditions for the areas of your expertise.

Jony_BC

Hi there again guys... I a step closer to go try the living next to you guys. Well no that close Jersey its still a litle far but Its still Caled UK.

My Brother in law and my girl theire caming back soon from jersey, And besides the problem that we were away from each other, She love the place And its not that cold, Só I think i got job there in the begining of the next year for about 6 months but i hope less, cause gona try to find some job in my line of work. Soo if all hapens like i i´m wanting to. Gona sell my bike and buy a more economic one And low mantenance. And there i go....

If me and my girlfriend Servive the first months I will try to take a simple life find a good job or two. If the plane work all fine i´ll stay as long as i can..

But i just recover a very old dream of fly... But to keep it real i was thinking of taking the ultralight planes license here in portugal. But its very expensive at least for know... About 3000 € i think thats something like 2000 pounds.

So my question Is there anyone here that share the same interest?? And know the legislation of your country? I know that in america at least in some stats you don´t even need a licence to fly a ultraligh plane, If some could give some lihgts about that was just to good... And how knows if someone knows if thats possible to take a licence in Jersey... Or i got to get Residence? And live in the UK for long? thats also no problem... At least for me, I think theres always some racist guys that dont share the same opinion but i can not say that they don´t have reasons for that, I´m just trying to have a normal life....

Thaking you guys for your time...

Cya...

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
As best I can tell, ultralight and microlight flying requires a licence from the CAA; the National Private Pilot’s Licence (NPPL).

http://www.nppl.uk.com/
http://www.theflyingschool.co.uk/nppl.htm

The biggest cost seems to be gaining the flight hours to get the licence, and 25 hours at ~£90 per hour plus exam and other fees you probably are looking at around £2000+

Its seems there's no residency requirements for NPPL. Pay your money, learn to fly get a licence.

Jersey is in UK airspace so that shouldn't present problems ( and there's no VAT in Jersey so costs may be lower ). They have an Aero Club and it seems likely they have some training facilities and will be able to offer more information and help -

http://www.jerseyaeroclub.com/

Jony_BC

Thanks hippy... Just as i was hopping... it all cames together and the price is not that far from Portugal theres some aero club that takes more then others for the lessons but the licence and the test itselft are not that expensive...
I still have some questions about this but gona use the aere club time, and not your...

And know thats just have luck on going to another country, And My girl don´t cut my troad for wast all that money he he... But i cannot keep it all right... I still got to have some kind of a life...

Well for know i´m going to study for my final exam on electronic tomorow... Mu school is very interesting i someone fail in the final exam all the other test and exams from the last 3 years count for nothin and we end up with nothin not even a frequense information nothin but if we finished we get the colege done... Nice ins´t ? To feel our back a litle heave... Maybe thats cause I´ts a Portuguese center Run by Germany and paid by Europe...

Ah and for my final project I´ve made a Acelaration pedal For and kart that we made, Usin and picaxe and an Stepper from some old printer, or something. It end up something nice... And easy i know But i din´t had time do finished my Elctronic ignicion , Cause i wanted to use an picaxe but Their nice but not that fast. And i Run to Mikrobasic to try save my project but lost a long time unterstading the work of a processor writing on the register working with the timers and all... learning assembly, I´m realy happy with what i´v learn cause know look at the processores in other way understand the problens faster. The programing itself... it open a lot of doors realy... But the bad is that we only put the motor runing cause it wast brooke down... (my old scooter :p) in the last week and now we are on exam´s... and only have one more day to finish the project paint the whole car and all test and all, I don´t think i will have time to put the Inductive sensor working and calibrate and debuging in time. Is Fuc* up In the ending of the project and couldn´t finishedd hahhhhhhhhh...

Damn i just wrote like somethin to big... sorry guys. gona study now.. were was i ya right Kirchhoff and thevenin there i goo...

Cya thanks again hippy