pwnout

mas11

Can anyone tell me why when using a 14m2 chip and the pwmout command(b.2,25,52), I should get 38khz, but I get 154 khz instead. I am using the chip in the multimode condition. So I am using the start0 command at the top of the code. As loug as I don't use the start command, I get the 38khz pulse. Why?

nick12ab

Can anyone tell me why when using a 14m2 chip and the pwmout command(b.2,25,52), I should get 38khz, but I get 154 khz instead. I am using the chip in the multimode condition. So I am using the start0 command at the top of the code. As loug as I don't use the start command, I get the 38khz pulse. Why?
When you use multitask mode, any M2-series PICAXE automatically speeds up to 16MHz (like issuing 'setfreq m16' at the start) in order to reduce the time taken by the extra commands since they are only single thread processors. As a result, PWM out is four times the speed as normal.

premelec

16 MHz !

That means you are operating at 16MHz - check the pwmout wizard in the editor.... As to WHY we'd have to see your code