pwmout error message

scorpy

I am using a 16f872 and every time i try to programme with the pwmout and change basic to assemble a message comes up saying pwmout is not supported in this mode??? new new all this tried every option in the option tab, but still nothing will work...help please

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
I don't have the Serial programmer so I can't test it, but unless I'm wrong, I'm afraid there isn't any help as such; converting the Basic program into Assembler doesn't allow the use of the PWMOUT command, along with a number of others. See AXE001_bas2ass.pdf - although PWMOUT isn't listed there ...

<i>&quot;This feature is designed as an educational tool rather than a professional
development feature. Consequentially, at present, not all BASIC commands are
supported. In later releases more commands and features may be added&quot;. </i>

scorpy

Thanks for the advice and reply hippy, dont suppose u could suggest something thats available that i can use that will support this feature. In middle of a design using this pic and the pwmout feature is at the heart of the psu i am designing, seemed perfect to use this feature instead of a half a 556, would then be easy to switch the pwmout off as an overcurrent protection.
Any help gratefully recieved, think i may have bitten off more than i can chew to learn and develope a new psu in a couple of months

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Depending upon what you want to do it may be possible to use a PICAXE solution itself running an interpreted program.

If that's not possible or is undesirable, you could program in Assembly Language using the Programming Editor environment, or you could step outside it and use any number of PICmicro compilers from other sources, many of which are free or have demo versions which have restrictions but are entirely usable.

There are compilers which will allow programming in a Basic-like language similar to what the PICAXE uses, and again there are some free demo versions available.

A Google serach will put you on the right track.

The Serial Programmer should be usable with any compiler, as you just need to import the .HEX file.