pwm command

eclectic

ok i will remember that....

the board i wanted was RevEd.. hobbyist board i think they called it... had the bread board in the middle...

Led's i tried was red, blue, yellow....its the red one in the pic...the type is perfect for my model trucks i build...

does serial in need to be set low on every circuit ???
The AXE091 is readily available. And works.
See the RevEd shop.

Download circuit?
See Manual 1, p. 42..............

And, yes, always ground Serin, via resistor,
if the Picaxe is off board.

e

barneydog

yep the AXE091 was the new version i wanted the AXE090 experimenter kit...

have googled them but not found anywhere else that sells them....

I best go back and redo all my previous projects :eek: and put that resistor in place for serial in....whats the best value to use ?

eclectic

yep the AXE091 was the new version i wanted the AXE090 experimenter kit...

have googled them but not found anywhere else that sells them....

I best go back and redo all my previous projects :eek: and put that resistor in place for serial in....whats the best value to use ?
See Manual 1, p.42 ..

Not essential but
belt and braces. :)

e

barneydog

have read through manual

found reference to a few, so did some google time as well..

22k, 10k and 4k7 seem to be most popular...

22k is the main one in manual so thats what i think i opt for

lbenson

>does serial in need to be set low on every circuit ?

Yes. If you use the programming circuit, that is done with the 10K resistor. If you don't have the download circuit on your board, then you need to tie the programming pin low. The reason for this is that if not tied low, the pin will float, and when it is high, the picaxe program on the chip thinks that a program download is being attempted, and will terminate your program to attend to the download.

John West

Moral of the story, Barneydog, alway pay close attention to Technical's posts. He knows more than we do. :)

Glad to hear everything is up and running, and yes, the programming line (serial in) needs to be tied to ground or have a pull-down resistor in place on all of your operational PICAXE project bds or they will not be at all reliable. That's a well documented necessity that many newbies overlook. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's the most common PICAXE problem addressed on this forum site, so you're not alone.

barneydog

lesson taken in....

serial pull down resistor always in place from now on... be first thing i place :D

thank you all for your help! its very very appreciated

westaust55

The need to pull the SERIN pin low to enable the program to operate applies to EVERY PICAXE chip. See for example page 29 in the PICAXE manual.
Same words exist in manula 1 in the informaiton sections for all other PICAXE chips.

Furthermore, for future reference, for those PICAXE chips with a RESET pin, that pin must always be pulled high for the program to operate.

Use of resistors for pull-down and pull-up on tehse pins is not mandatory but lets say it is highly recommended.