Proposal: list of i2c devices that are known to work with picaxe i2c commands

kranenborg

There seems to be some confusion about the usability of the picaxe high-level i2c commands (i2c slave, readi2c, writei2c) for seemingly i2c or 2-wire or SMBus compliant devices (see for example the discussion in the "I2C and MAX127" thread of 07/27/2004 in this archive). I would like to have a list of i2c devices that are known to work with picaxe i2c commands. Would it be a good idea if such a list be compiled based on the experiences of picaxe users who have actually used particular I2C devices? Such a list should contain at least the device number, a link to the manufacturer's website that describes the device, and the format (parameter list) of the picaxe i2c commands to be used. I will get some i2c parts in the near future, so I could contribute to the list as well. I would be happy to publish this list on my website (www.kranenborg.org/picaxe, not active yet), but maybe technical or hippy is a better choice. Also i2c modules (like the speech synthesiser) could be added to this list, as well as 2-wire and SMBus devices or modules that function too

Dingo_aus

I second that.

Also it would be nice if ppl could post any work-arounds they have if a particular i2c device is problematic.

Well, the official reponse from Tech Support was that only a few I2C devices don't work. So maybe a list of the problem devices and the workarounds.

Mike

kranenborg

I'll start with publishing a list very soon that includes both devices that work and those that don't. In this way the list automatically shows which devices have to be tested and/or reported upon, and so invites others to add their experiences with new devices too

kranenborg

List (very preliminary version) is published on:

http://www.kranenborg.org/ee/picaxe/index.htm

Regards,
Jurjen