Programming Editor version 6 Beta preview

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Given that April Fool's Day is traditionally the first day of April which falls on or after the fourth full moon of the year; while it has indeed fallen on the 1st of April for the past few decades, April Fool's Day this year is actually next Friday, 6th April.

Due to the number of days in a year versus the lunar cycle and those drifting in and out of phase, the first full moon of this year was rather later than usual; 9th January.

Easter is on the first Sunday after the paschal full Moon, on or just after the vernal equinox, so that's 8th of April this year, back into March again next year, and April Fool's Day will be back to where it normally is.

http://www.fullmoon.info/en/fullmoon-calendar.html

mrburnette

Given that April Fool's Day is <...>
On would believe that you are delighting in this trivia :D

I once had a "trivia master" who worked with me... I encouraged his ramblings because he had the ability to derail periods of extreme stress. No doubt, it cost the company zillion$ in productivity, but we were all the better for the knowledge imparted, even if the 'stickyness' of that knowledge was brief.

- Ray

westaust55

On reading our local (West AUst) Sunday Times yesterday, I spied the IKEA contribution to April Fools Day which gave me a giggle.
Later research indicated they did it on a world wide scale.

Attachments

John West

My all-time favorite was the (HP, I think) ad for Darkness Emitting Diodes, or DED's. They were so efficient they ran on no power at all, and were a full spectrum darkness emitter. To top it all off, they were very cost effective because the manufacturing process had a 100% yield. No to mention that if one ever failed in the field you would get a full refund.

John West

I'd forgotten that one. It was awhile ago.

I also liked my "exclusive maybe" gate logic device I thought I'd invented, until I learned they could be found almost anywhere in improperly functioning equipment.

John West

It would feature nothing but question marks for all output states, no matter what the logic states were of its three and a half inputs, but that would change if its clock didn't go either positive or negative, but only on the edge.

Of course, one could tie most of the inputs together as a following stage to invert the output for closed-collector applications.

It's a good gate to use when high propagation speed is paramount, or when one is working on a fuzzy illogic application, but not the best if one desires specific results.

Last edited:

eclectic

It would feature nothing but question marks for all output states, no matter what the logic states were of its three and a half inputs, but that would change if its clock didn't go either positive or negative, but only on the edge.

Of course, one could tie most of the inputs together as a following stage to invert the output for closed-collector applications.

It's a good gate to use when high propagation speed is paramount, or when one is working on a fuzzy illogic application, but not the best if one desires specific results.
Bit like talking to my Missus.

e