Programming Editor no show

lauriet

I've been using the programming editor, man and boy, for many years.

I just upgraded to 5.5.1 on a rarely used laptop (windows 7, 64 bit), along with a bunch of windows and other application updates.

When I say 'installed', the download and install ran fine, starting the application produces the splash screen and Options window, but an OK on that produces ... nothing.

The app is shown as running, there's a vestigial 'opening' and 'closing' animation on the windows screen, but there's just no visuals for the application. I've never encountered this before for anything.
Judging by the rest of the day, I'm assuming it's my stupidity, but if anyone can point to a known problem or suggest a rescue plan, I'd be much pleased.

Thanks

nick12ab

Open Task Manager, then right-click Programming Editor in Task Manager and choose Maximize from the contextmenu that appears.

Programming Editor saves the window size regardless of whether the window was maximized or not when it was closed, so closing Programming Editor and re-opening it should not require you to do this again.

lauriet

Sorted.
Not understood, but sorted.

Rolling over the application icon in the task bar popped up a small icon of the editor screen, but clicking that did not produce the editor window.
BUT, right-clicking the editor screen icon and selecting 'Maximise' produced the editor window I yearned for.

I've not come upon this behaviour before, but I'm up and running now and slightly wiser. Still a mystery why it started in that state.

lauriet

Apologies for the overlapping posts, thanks nick12ab for your reply, I can't understand why it started minimised, but now I don't care, I'm writing code again.